Trace Of Smoke Bootleg

Guest REPLAY

Guest REPLAY

What's the story with this thing?  Japanese bootleg only 120 copies? But seems only to have been available from UK sellers.  is the japanese print on the label just to throw people off?  Can you even get this is japan? 

Social source share

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

As a new music lover, I kind of don't care in a way. But part of me DOES care because I understand totally.

There's just toooo much of this isn't there.....it's not really what it's all about is it??

It's a real shame all things told...and half the time it's being done by folks who TOTALLY understand what it's all about!

Cheers,

Mark R

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Its deffo not an official reissue.

yes it looks totally wrong but what i am getting at is what evidence do you have to make this a fact or are you just making an assumption?

Edited by JNixon
Social source share

Guest REPLAY

Someone else is/was working on an official reissue with the band.  So I do not believe this is official.  

Social source share

Yes, from what I've read an official reissue is in the works, in cooperation with the artists. None of the proceeds of this boot are going to the people who made it, however limited it is or wherever its origins are. Don't buy it, wait out for the official reissue. 

Social source share

Guest Ivor Jones

Yes..... Or, alternatively, spend £1200 on a proper copy..... If you're off your tits that is! I'm just so glad I got rid of mine when I did.... It's a decent Soul/ funk record but nothing more. If it wasn't a rareity and a few hardcore collectors didn't hanker after it, the interest would be non existent... The bottom line is if you put it up against a really great record then there's simply no comparison. It's just ok in my opinion. You may think differently?

I do think it's bad form to bootleg it though particularly if someone was about to do it legit.... Sounds like a stitch up to me. Who was gonna put it out though ?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert