Mighty Bub's Playlists

Slightly off topic I know but I too have fond memories of Bub, one of those characters you never forget, remember being on many a train journey with him to cleethorpes (and I think Wigan), proper funny.

Probably an old one but remember him interupting his set (i forget where) saying "just heard a Riker lorry has overturned on motorway, the road will be blocked for a few hours"

Mid

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Someone sent me this old pic recently, with Bub in his Mobster attire.

A bit of a rogues gallery here (and long before political correctness was deemed important).

Left to Right;

The 'Mighty' Bub - Johnny Bruce - John Benson - Sean Hampsey - Poke - Alan Senior

We did wear some funny clobber back in the day!

:D

Sean

post-4120-0-61751200-1369422212_thumb.jp

• Helpful 3
Social source share

My abiding memory of Bub was when he drank the slops out of a metal bucket at the end of a night at the Central. Believe me, that didn't look like a particularly pleasant experience but Bub relished it. That's one of the things I liked about him. If he wanted to do something, he'd just go ahead and do it LOL. I like that kind of spirit. He sure packed a lot in with a relatively short time on earth. His spirit sure lives on though doesn't it?

Ian D :D

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

bub played it in the memory of mick cook who died on a coach trip going to Cleethorpes allnighter                                                                                                                                                               

Poke, Me & Cooky at Cleggy Winter Gardens

post-13147-0-26735700-1369462378_thumb.j

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!