Northern Soul Story Lp's Vol 1 Thro' 16

ricticman

OK, maybe they weren't the best ever hi-fi, but at 16 [ yes all 16 ] double lp's with 8 tracks a side, they're an interesting bit of our history.

[ That's 16 x 2 lps x each side x 8 tracks = 512 tunes. ]

And the sleeve notes are worth a mention too, Dave Evison's sleeve notes on Vol 1 was worth the price alone.

Come and get these memories !

All complete with covers in ex or minty looking condition

Job lot - offers over £50. Will close this Sat 25th at 2-00pm.

Postage will be at cost, but I'm sure with all the dayers / weekenders / soul nights we go to we'll likely be able to meet and hand them over.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Agreed fellows, a superb set of sounds. For those of us off the scene in the 1980's, they helped stoke up interest and laid the foundations for an incredible run of CD's. After the 16 double albums came the pale green 'The Soul Of.....Detroit' double album also available on CD, the first CD I ever bought. I never play the LP's now but couldn't part with them - still enjoy the sleeve notes though. I think we all owe Kev Roberts and connections a big thank you for helping the scene along in between the decline of the major national All Nighters and the proliferation of local Soul Nights that exist today.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Agreed fellows, a superb set of sounds. For those of us off the scene in the 1980's, they helped stoke up interest and laid the foundations for an incredible run of CD's. After the 16 double albums came the pale green 'The Soul Of.....Detroit' double album also available on CD, the first CD I ever bought. I never play the LP's now but couldn't part with them - still enjoy the sleeve notes though. I think we all owe Kev Roberts and connections a big thank you for helping the scene along in between the decline of the major national All Nighters and the proliferation of local Soul Nights that exist today.

I agree.

But that cd was a shocker, dubbed straight off the lp onto a cd LOL

Social source share

Wasn't there a 'modern soul' Vol (vinyl) as well - i'm sure i've got one somewhere 

is it the modern soul story 1? made by soul supply records.............double album.........i have that in my albums sales box

Social source share

Disagree.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Think the Lp's are a great 'lot' & hope they sell.  Disagree with 'I think we all owe Kev Roberts and connections a big thank you for helping the scene along in between the decline of the major national All Nighters and the proliferation of local Soul Nights that exist today'.

If this is to be debated further, then maybe it should be taken to AATS or summat ?.

Best Russ 

Social source share

Think the Lp's are a great 'lot' & hope they sell.  Disagree with 'I think we all owe Kev Roberts and connections a big thank you for helping the scene along in between the decline of the major national All Nighters and the proliferation of local Soul Nights that exist today'.

If this is to be debated further, then maybe it should be taken to AATS or summat ?.

Best Russ 

Just saying, they kept me informed at a time that it was very difficult for me to keep in touch.

Seller won't mind the publicity.

I"ll start the bidding at £100.

Social source share

You have missed out at least one cd before the Detroit one, it was called Soul On CD surprisingly enough. That was as far as I am aware the very first Northern Soul CD? I have it at home and can scan the cover etc if need be.

Edited by chalky
Social source share

This is the Sales Forum
Use the site PM (personal message) system for any trading discussion

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!