Thank The Lord For Love

Tfk

What a f*cking fantastic record this is

Hi Pete great description there ..... from first hearing this in the 1970s its one of the few records that still leaves me standing there in awe of its brilliance !!! a big thank you to Bernice Watkins

love it tfk :rofl: Edited by tfk
Social source share

Hi Pete great description there ..... from first hearing this in the 1970s its one of the few records that still leaves me standing there in awe of its brilliance !!! a big thank you to Bernice Watkins

love it tfk :rofl:

Left a comment on her youtube clip.  When you don't hear a record for a while and then you get hit by it like this one today - fantastic feeling, better than...well better than almost anything LOL

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I mean on YouTube... As well as leaving a comment on YouTube, you can click the 'Like' button. There's only one 'Like' for the clip, and that was me a few minutes ago. Go on, show her even more love. You know you want to... 

Right!

Social source share

What a f*cking fantastic record this is

This was one of the first 'Northern' soul records I ever bought (boot of course). I would sit with my eyes shut and it just would transport me to a far off place where music of this atmosphere and class was being made by people that no-one knew about. It made me feel privilidged to be someone who could listen to it and 'get' it, and also know that there wasn't a cat in hell's chance of me explaining the feeling or the music to anyone in school the next day. So I would just keep it to myself. I've always loved the instrumental of this particularly, with it's haunting simplicity.

• Helpful 3
Social source share

One of the last "traditional" Northern tunes played by CC at The Mecca & what a corker of a record it is !!!

Does it ever get played these days or is everybody still talking about the girl across the street ?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

One of the last "traditional" Northern tunes played by CC at The Mecca & what a corker of a record it is !!!

Does it ever get played these days or is everybody still talking about the girl across the street ?

play it at rugby, freestyle room,really went down well billy

Social source share

Love this to bits and always in my Cleethorpes Box, Massive for me at Pier/Winter Gardens As was for Colin and Ian at the Mecca. 

Bernice has a Beautiful voice which takes this tune to a different level,often slip this into my Modern sets, also have to say when you

listen to it now it makes you realise how different this record must have sounded on first hearing at the time but you have to admit it is

CLASS shear CLASS, Wonderful :yes:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!