Revealers "i Want To Make You Glad" Paramount

boba

• Replies 6
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

thanks in advance.

as a side note, this song was originally done by malcolm dodds, right? but also as a hard to find b-side of a stock copy. bizarre that it became a good a-side for main ingredient. same with rolling down a mountainside, originally an obscure motown record by the Third Creation. It's like someone was a hardcore soul collector and knew good lost songs to pick for the group (not saying that's what actually happened, but it's strange how it worked out).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Not sure if this is the same part of the song as you are listening to, but on the opening line of the second verse, there is a vocal section which sounds like an edit (music track is fine). Sounds like there were two vocal takes and they spliced between the two and didn't get it quite right. It sort of goes .. "yes, ?ad girl", where the ? has been cut.

As a side note, this is also a record I have never seen as a stock copy. Wonder if this was actually released.

Cheers
Mick

Social source share

Paramount were quite funny with their demo's as they distributed a few as both single and double sided demo's of the same record.  Two examples being Fletcher Walker - Didn’t We/...Never Understand and the Jones Girls - If You Don’t Love Me.../If You Don’t... 

Edited by John Reed
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert