Postage To Europe

Don't know if anyone is interested (recent price increase etc) but I just priced up sending a standard envelope type record mailer with two pieces of card and it is £8.80 to Europe Internationally Signed for.  First class £3.50.  Makes it expensive for a cheapie now.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Don't know if anyone is interested (recent price increase etc) but I just priced up sending a standard envelope type record mailer with two pieces of card and it is £8.80 to Europe Internationally Signed for.  First class £3.50.  Makes it expensive for a cheapie now.

Correct, and add a quid on for outside of Europe, sometimes more.

Signed for to Australia is now £10 for instance.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

When I'm buying from Pete or anyone else from the UK, my rule of thumb is 'signed for' on purchases of around £30 and over, and postal russian roulette on anything under.

Have to say though that when I first moved to the Netherlands in late 2007, the service from the UK was dreadful. I've never had as many lost packages as I did for the first couple of years. Happily, the service improved considerably and I've not had a package sent 1st class go missing for ages.

Oops, perhaps I shouldn't have said that!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!