Johnny Taylor Or Is It Need Help Please ?

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

That's Johnnie Taylor 'Oh How i Love You' written by J.W. Alexander on SAR 156, but with mis-titled label.

There's another copy recently sold on eBay here; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-Soul-45-JOHNNIE-TAYLOR-Keep-On-Lovin-You-SAR-HEAR-/380615108518?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item589e6da7a6&nma=true&si=kaCCe8HHy%252BZRotdGxY3Bw9m9S1s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Lovely record 

:thumbsup:

Sean

• Helpful 1
Social source share

That's Johnnie Taylor 'Oh How i Love You' written by J.W. Alexander on SAR 156, but with mis-titled label.

There's another copy recently sold on eBay here; https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Northern-Soul-45-JOHNNIE-TAYLOR-Keep-On-Lovin-You-SAR-HEAR-/380615108518?pt=Music_on_Vinyl&hash=item589e6da7a6&nma=true&si=kaCCe8HHy%252BZRotdGxY3Bw9m9S1s%253D&orig_cvip=true&rt=nc&_trksid=p2047675.l2557

Lovely record 

Sean

but he dosen`t say anything diferent about it ???

Social source share

but he dosen`t say anything diferent about it ???

He's a big dealer, consistently listing and selling thousands of records. He probably hasn't given it much thought.

The song your 45 plays is "Oh, How I Love You" written by J.W. Alexander on SAR 156.

The label on your 45 reads "Keep On Lovin' You" written by Charlie Julien on SAR 156.

It's incorrect.

SAR 156 was obviously scheduled to be released with the 'Keep On Lovin' You' side coupled with "Run, But You Can't Hide" and then changed to "Oh How I Love You".

But labels were printed for "Keep On Lovin' You"  and some copies were pressed up with that incorrect label, before it was switched to the correct label "Oh, How I Love You".

SAR 156 was the penultimate release on the label. There was obvious confusion around the time of Sam Cooke's death, when the label folded and "Keep On Lovin' You" was never released on the label, which is a shame as its a great song.

Sean

Social source share

He's a big dealer, consistently listing and selling thousands of records. He probably hasn't given it much thought.

The song your 45 plays is "Oh, How I Love You" written by J.W. Alexander on SAR 156.

The label on your 45 reads "Keep On Lovin' You" written by Charlie Julien on SAR 156.

It's incorrect.

SAR 156 was obviously scheduled to be released with the 'Keep On Lovin' You' side coupled with "Run, But You Can't Hide" and then changed to "Oh How I Love You".

But labels were printed for "Keep On Lovin' You"  and some copies were pressed up with that incorrect label, before it was switched to the correct label "Oh, How I Love You".

SAR 156 was the penultimate release on the label. There was obvious confusion around the time of Sam Cooke's death, when the label folded and "Keep On Lovin' You" was never released on the label, which is a shame as its a great song.

Sean

thanks m8 great record though

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert