Perfections Which One Am I (Twinight) ...the Flip Side

just flipped the perfections "which one am i" twinight....which is a great group ballad...and found this CORKER of a northern record....it had me skedaddling across me laminate floor !!!!!!... has this been played before or has it been recorded by another artist as it does sound very familiar????

tia

franc

Edited by cobbles
Social source share

Interesting that writing credits are different.

also came out on (penny) as norvells i see (googled it)...with the same credits as perfections(richard pegue)...talk about having a few rolls of the dice to see if they could make it a hit !!!

Social source share

. has this been played before or has it been recorded by another artist as it does sound very familiar????

tia

franc

Yup Norvells has been a re-activation for me in the last year. Last played at Skegness weekender in the rare and underplayed room, and you can still find it cheap!......Perfections is nigh on impossible to find. Penny of course was Richard Pegue's label, and he is given writer credits on the Twinight release.

Social source share

Yup Norvells has been a re-activation for me in the last year. Last played at Skegness weekender in the rare and underplayed room, and you can still find it cheap!......Perfections is nigh on impossible to find. Penny of course was Richard Pegue's label, and he is given writer credits on the Twinight release.

hi steve, i've got to thank adey croasdell for my copy way back when.....wanted it for "which one am i".....swopped it for pentagons (sutter)......have only just played the flip after all these years and got all excited !!!!...ha ha !!

i really ought to get out more !!!!!!

Edited by cobbles
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

hi steve, i've got to thank adey croasdell for my copy way back when.....wanted it for "which one am i".....swopped it for pentagons (sutter)......have only just played the flip after all these years and got all excited !!!!...ha ha !!

i really ought to get out more !!!!!!

How's that I remember years back I had the Pentagons c/u and remember Ady not being to keen on it....

Social source share

pat james was richard pegue's wife at the time. "which one am I" is pretty much the norvells except with Jerry Townes singing lead. Jerry Townes was previously in the Dutones (with Richard Parker) who had the early '60s hit "the bird" on columbia. The original title of "which one am I" is "three sides to a triangle". I have to check to confirm, but I think Numero released a different version of the track from an acetate.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

pat james was richard pegue's wife at the time. "which one am I" is pretty much the norvells except with Jerry Townes singing lead. Jerry Townes was previously in the Dutones (with Richard Parker) who had the early '60s hit "the bird" on columbia. The original title of "which one am I" is "three sides to a triangle". I have to check to confirm, but I think Numero released a different version of the track from an acetate.

also, just to clarify, Jerry Townes is the same person as Jerry Brown (which is what he was known as the Dutones member).

Social source share

How's that I remember years back I had the Pentagons c/u and remember Ady not being to keen on it....

dunno tone, maybe he moved it on ???...the pentagons had started to get regular plays out....only deal i've done with adey besides buying a copy of tnjs (newark) about the same time

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!