Does This 60's Music Video Description Ring A Bell?

Pete S

This is doing my head in, it's a video I used to have, a colour promo of an American solo girl singer, white girl, I think she's in a red dress, it's filmed in either a baseball or a football stadium she walks up and down the line of players while singing.  I know thats really vague.  I think it's a girl group sound rather than a soul record, I originally thought it might be Annette Funicello, then Peggy March, Gale Garnet or Donna Loren that sort of singer...I still think it might be Annette because it was so different to her usual records that I took notice of it...anyway it used to be on youtube..

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 857
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

There's that  Exciters "Tell Him" Scopitone film with Brenda in a red dress and the group are poncing about in a zoo or park or something like that but of course Brenda is black.

If it's one of those early white girls you're referring to then you're talking '63 to '65. Would it have been a Where The Action Is TV show type clip where they filmed outside at unusual locations?

Thing is ... Action ,  Shindig and the early teen music TV shows were almost all in black and white.

Maybe the clip you're thinking of is taken from one of those beach movies which were produced in colour  , especially if you're thinking it was Annette F ?

Social source share

There's that  Exciters "Tell Him" Scopitone film with Brenda in a red dress and the group are poncing about in a zoo or park or something like that but of course Brenda is black.

If it's one of those early white girls you're referring to then you're talking '63 to '65. Would it have been a Where The Action Is TV show type clip where they filmed outside at unusual locations?

Thing is ... Action ,  Shindig and the early teen music TV shows were almost all in black and white.

Maybe the clip you're thinking of is taken from one of those beach movies which were produced in colour  , especially if you're thinking it was Annette F ?

I know the Exciters clip, it's not that one, and I'm pretty sure it's a standalone promo and not part of a movie or a tv show - the song is a beat ballad and a little different from the music that the artist usually does.  Thanks for your suggestions, one of these days it'll hit me and I'll remember who it is, it's definitely on a sports field, to the right of her is either fencing or a building and she's walking alongside it, on her other side as I said, are sportsmen in a team strip, I can't remember if there's a crowd...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert