Just Because It Goes On Manships Auction

Back to the old chestnut - How much is it worth.

The Spaniels- Maybe on Buddah

Yes its agood record but a £30 record everyday of the week

Manship puts it on auction so its now for offers on here

Come on and get a grip!

:g:

Funny how I can't sell my Jackie Edwards and Melvena Allen for £60 the pair, they made over £600 when auctioned!

So they weren't rare in the first place.

Social source share

Neither is the Spaniels Pete

Im suggesting a random record here- Lets Groove together - Our ladies of soul- on Kelton 

Lets just say hypothetically that John puts it on his auction next week - I bet you someone would have one on here for offers pretty soon after or at an inflated price! Its just bloody nonsense IMO!

Edited by Ernie Andrews
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

I know they would Steve.  Can't blame them for trying, but what about the sheep and the mugs who pay the inflated prices though?

Reminds me of when that well know £3 record "Stanky" went big, people who wouldn't have touched it with a bargepole when it was £3 suddenly had it on their wants lists.

hi Pete 

Found STANKY at a car boot for a quid  and then traded it for a 100 quids worth of records  :wicked:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

hi Pete 

Found STANKY at a car boot for a quid  and then traded it for a 100 quids worth of records  :wicked:

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Gotta say this is the sort of thing i like to read about, as i trawl car boots / junk shops / charity shops / garage & jumble sales and spend a lot of time doing so,

Dosent happen that often nowadays and is getting very little profit or records for keeping, Am i wasting my time ??

Answer = No i still enjoy the thril of the hunt.

Garry

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

I have had quite a few booty and charity shop finds, one of my most recent is 'The Gamble Record Allstars' album which I got for a fiver, valued at £50, in Mint cond' too.

I think there is still stuff out there if you keep looking, patience is a virtue though, cos you need a lot.

Agree as my last big one was Bob Marley & Wailers, Young soul rebels on first upsetter books at £100, 

Cost me the extortionate sum of 50p about a month ago.

Garry

Social source share

I know they would Steve.  Can't blame them for trying, but what about the sheep and the mugs who pay the inflated prices though?

Reminds me of when that well know £3 record "Stanky" went big, people who wouldn't have touched it with a bargepole when it was £3 suddenly had it on their wants lists.

What's Stanky (apart from the past tense of stinky)???  Never heard of it.

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

What's Stanky (apart from the past tense of stinky)???  Never heard of it.

billy davis    stanky gone funky   cobblestone.......nice tune

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

The power of being played out.......or rather people waiting for someone else to tell em it,s O.K.....frightened to do it for themselves,it,s easier when someone else does it....."OH IS THAT GETTING PLAYED"    better get a copy :thumbsup:  :yes:  :glare:

Social source share

our brian found 10 copies of the spaniels buddah 45 about 6 or 7 years ago for a couple of bucks each so he bought the lot... all mint unplayed.. we sold em for  £25 each.............. didnt keep one tho :(

yeh i bought one and when i hit the hard times i sold it after 5 attempts on ebay to soap i think he bought it for £20 !!!

geeoooooordie

Social source share

Going a little off topic here but, I've got this on a promo. The label on the flip side has "Featuring: Poogie Hudson" instead of Pookie Hudson.

Instead of listing Carter and Hudson as the writers, they have Noble, Campbell,Connolly and Vallee who did write a song named "Goodnight

Sweetheart" but this isn't that song.

Do all copies have this wrong info on the B side or is it only the promos?

Social source share

The stanky price explosion was down to Fred Krol digging it out one night at Burnley and giving it a spin. There was a mass stampede for the stage, and by the next day all the dealers had been bought out. I don't think it was ever played again at Burnley and I think Fred was quite embarrassed by it all.

Social source share

The stanky price explosion was down to Fred Krol digging it out one night at Burnley and giving it a spin. There was a mass stampede for the stage, and by the next day all the dealers had been bought out. I don't think it was ever played again at Burnley and I think Fred was quite embarrassed by it all.

Fair to say ,Stanky caused a stink then Phil :)

Social source share

Yes but we love to see a record in our collection go for decent money and the downside - One you paid decent money for go for a lot less!!

I think John has had some fantastic stuff through in the last few weeks - those Shrines were the stuff to dream of and the Gwen Owens...but like you say some other stuff that you think WHAT!!! an auction item NEVER??

Keeps the forums alive eh!

Tony

Social source share

Guest The Record Box

My best find Lou Ragland I travel Alone on Amy which I found at a flee market for 2 euros at a flee market here in Germany!!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Manship puts it on auction so its now for offers on here

Come on and get a grip!

:g:

Unless the person who sells on here is called Manship, then they should put it up for 30 quid or whatever.

A record is a record. A reputation is a reputation. To confuse the two means you're a bit of a tit.

Social source share

Agree as my last big one was Bob Marley & Wailers, Young soul rebels on first upsetter books at £100, 

Cost me the extortionate sum of 50p about a month ago.

Garry

Yeah, I got one ages ago on a boot fair but mine had a UK Trojan laminated sleeve and a Jamaican Upsetter labelled record??? And it's 'Soul Rebels'....young?...you're thinking of the group LOL.

Social source share

Guest The Record Box

Unless the person who sells on here is called Manship, then they should put it up for 30 quid or whatever.

A record is a record. A reputation is a reputation. To confuse the two means you're a bit of a tit.

Quite agree,

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

Yeah, I got one ages ago on a boot fair but mine had a UK Trojan laminated sleeve and a Jamaican Upsetter labelled record??? And it's 'Soul Rebels'....young?...you're thinking of the group LOL.

Yes they are all like that Trojan cover with Upsetter record, The re release was with a trojan label

Social source share

The thing is, many people arnt aware of these records until they are played out, which then inflates the price, many collectors on here (my self included on occasion), just assume these records are known & in a lot of cases they arnt....nothing new though, has happened since forever & will continue....thats why we dig innit !!!.

Best Russ

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!