New Northern Soul Film Release Date?

Hi, 

Just wondered if anyone`s aware of when Elaine Constantine`s new film called Northern Soul is due to be released??  All I can find out is that it`s Spring/ Summer.  (I think we`re supposed to be in Spring now??!!!!).

Thanks,

Pete

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I think they are waiting to get a release slot allocated, hoping to meet up with Elaine at a memorial night for Rob Kearney later this month so will ask. I've no doubt that she will have done the scene justice as everything I saw up at Kings Georges was spot on and well researched.

Social source share

I think it is being edited now, well thats the message I get when I e-mail Elaine  :D

They are looking for material for the book, I spent last weekend scanning flyers and patches from the 80's and early 90's, over 80!!  I really should get a life  :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

paul anderson beat them to it with the book ,it will never be beaten for total recall of information of the period .

there is still the film though 

his book has been delayed again .......

How can you say that when you haven't even read it?  It''s not even published yet.

Social source share

I think it is being edited now, well thats the message I get when I e-mail Elaine  :D

They are looking for material for the book, I spent last weekend scanning flyers and patches from the 80's and early 90's, over 80!!  I really should get a life  :lol:

I thought the cut off date for supplying material for the book had expired

Social source share

The film Elaine Constantine and nothern soul in general got a good plug from Lisa Stansfield etc  on Loose women 5th April- (ITV) 

Social source share

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

just wondering if anyone knows if they have secured a distribution deal. 

i live in California and sometimes UK films get good distro here (Full Monty, Trainspotting, Billy Elliott, etc) in the art house circuit. was wondering if that level of distribution could be expected for this film. i am assuming i will have to order the DVD at some point, but it would be nice to see in the theater... 

Social source share

distriubution contracts are pending ... At Blackburn she said it could be as soon as November , but could also run into January ... it will be world wide .. the new trailer was jaw droping ... with real impact . wow !

pete n' susan xx

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!