Superbs - Wind In My Sails

Steve L

funny eh!, i don't really rate the sweet side, i love most of the Superbs tracks but one or 2 i find a little too sweet if you get my drift, i do think the "wind in my sails" is more than a credible tune & would stand well played at any time on the rare soul scene. Gotta say that Dore lable was phenomenal tho :yes:

Social source share

Gonna do one better than Arthur's plug, there'll be 2 "overrated and worshipped only because it's rare" copies of this record at the next Inner City Soul :thumbsup:

...And two at 'Inner Circle Soul Club' in Manchester on saturday night......overrated, worshipped and common as muck .... 

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Inner City Soul, Inner Circle Soul. Must be something inner head that got you guys thinking this is a great record :wink:

It certainly isn't sh*te but it's not very good either.

If you like traditional " northern soul " style dance music ,your point of view will always be different to a lot of people and a lot of records .

If you like all nighter sounds ,the same applies .

But there are a lot of people who don't care for one or the other and a lot of venues that don't cater for either ,so it's a pointless argument .

Running down rare records is fair game ,always has been ,always will be !

You giving your opinion on this ,Phil on the sir Joe ...not sure why you guys feel the need ,but again ,it really is pointless and will not achieve anything .

Would however be interesting if we could have a break- away thread started by either of you or someone else ,to tell us all what really is a " proper " tune ?

If only for all the pure unfortunate folk who are mis guided and to save from wasting good money on the wrong records :)

• Helpful 1
Social source share

If you like traditional " northern soul " style dance music ,your point of view will always be different to a lot of people and a lot of records .

But there are a lot of people who don't care for one or the other and a lot of venues that don't cater for either ,so it's a pointless argument .

You giving your opinion on this ,Phil on the sir Joe ...not sure why you guys feel the need ,but again ,it really is pointless and will not achieve anything .

Would however be interesting if we could have a break- away thread started by either of you or someone else ,to tell us all what really is a " proper " tune ?

If only for all the pure unfortunate folk who are mis guided and to save from wasting good money on the wrong records :)

Surely the same answer would apply?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Totally disagree Nev, surely the banter about records is what makes it different from a bunch of anoraks with pen and pad standing getting soaked on piss sodden train platfrom watching a puff of smoke, metaphorically if not physically, whooshing past. Too many people haven't had a good record bar barracking, or being guffawed at publicly for asking for a cruelly untrendy platter. Another sanitisation of the Northern scene due to the internet.

The fact that Benji and Phil are cloth eared no taste dimwits, suffering delusions of adequacy and one of granduer, is only relevant in that record bar barracking context!

All IMHO obviously, just to save my skin with the internet etiquette we all now love

Social source share

funny eh!, i don't really rate the sweet side, i love most of the Superbs tracks but one or 2 i find a little too sweet if you get my drift, i do think the "wind in my sails" is more than a credible tune & would stand well played at any time on the rare soul scene. Gotta say that Dore lable was phenomenal tho :yes:

Apart from Starlight - "Language of love".(available at a knock down price.PM's please. :lol: ).

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Think what Benji is saying is that it just is an okay-ish record. Not bad but nothing to get too excited about (at least not for him obviously others..).

The good old question, if it would be available in quantity, easy to get and prcied around 25 UKP .. would people -DJ`s- really care ? Looking at so many other good (in fact better for my money) records that sell for around that amount or slightly more even on the Dore label I doubt it... 

Cheap but highly recommended flipside of an easy to get Whispers 45 on Dore. A current content of my tool box and if I would have to choose between Superbs and this Whispers 45...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!