Lp's Which Are The Holy Grails

nrc

Knowing the price of which some  singles go for today, i was wondering which LP's are the rarest and hard to find in the Soul genre and what kind of prices are we talking about.today.

Cheers Nige.

Social source share

Move on, nothing to see. The ass has fallen out of the LP market, they are dropping in price rapidly and soon none will reach 3 figures, I could probably take some of the rarer ones off your hands for cut down prices as a favour......

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Move on, nothing to see. The ass has fallen out of the LP market, they are dropping in price rapidly and soon none will reach 3 figures, I could probably take some of the rarer ones off your hands for cut down prices as a favour......

Really ? Maybe for the same old 5 or 6 LPs (Hesitations Metros Tempests etc ) that always get mentioned on here.

The reality is in fact quite the opposite .  

Could name you hundreds of LPs from the 6Ts / 7Ts / 8Ts that always go well into 4 figures and are going upwards with time , not down.  Thing is,   LPs  have appeal not only to rare soul collectors but also funk collectors.

Moses Dillard & the Tex Town Display, Brief Encounter, Rhythm Machine , Mighty Ryeders  , Freddie Terrell ....  on and on and on  .... 

Edited by sunnysoul
Social source share

Really ? Maybe for the same old 5 or 6 LPs (Hesitations Metros Tempests etc ) that always get mentioned on here.

The reality is in fact quite the opposite .  

Could name you hundreds of LPs from the 6Ts / 7Ts / 8Ts that always go well into 4 figures and are going upwards with time , not down.  Thing is,   LPs  have appeal not only to rare soul collectors but also funk collectors.

Moses Dillard & the Tex Town Display, Brief Encounter, Rhythm Machine , Mighty Ryeders  , Freddie Terrell ....  on and on and on  .... 

I think on football forums full of younger posters they would say whoosh to this.

My toungue was so firmly in my cheek it was boring a hole!

However my offer to pick off some of the rare items at bargain prices was genuine.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Here's an item I sold in September of 2011..  £2180 !!!  :ohmy:  :yes:

Only a Vg/Vg+ copy too - with very bad water damage to the sleeve !! 

https://www.popsike.com/Helene-Smith-on-Mega-Rare-Deep-City-Soul-LP/110737923647.html

attachicon.gifscan0172.jpgattachicon.gifscan0177.jpg

attachicon.gifscan0175.jpgattachicon.gifscan0176.jpg

Yes a very rare album Fingers.....things like that will always hold their price. 

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!