Another 'thought I'd Seen It All' Thread

Mal C

in keeping with the 'thought I'd seen it all' threads recently, just saw this, which I think really does take the biscuit...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/US-Northern-Soul-TONY-GALLA-Holly-StJames-BILLY-PROPHET-Sam-Fletcher-TONY-HESTOR-/380611321018?pt=UK_Records&hash=item589e33dcba

The distinction here is that they are 8ts photocopies, so evidently that makes them more collectable than one I might have done today.. :huh:

thought I'd seen it all...

Mal.C

post-2025-0-02134500-1364984250_thumb.jp

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

• Replies 6
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Stick 'em over bootlegs to make them look like original WDJs........................ :thumbsup:

That smacks of the truth. (just edited a rant there). My son worked for a while in an office supplies in Mansfield, where a well known record collector regularly took records in to have labels copied back and front in high resolution. I wonder why? 

• Helpful 2
Social source share

That smacks of the truth. (just edited a rant there). My son worked for a while in an office supplies in Mansfield, where a well known record collector regularly took records in to have labels copied back and front in high resolution. I wonder why? 

A northern soul conspiracy comes to Mansfield :D ....

Social source share

The truth is out there

In the early days i think that it was easier to tell the boot from the original (with a few exceptions), but now these photo-copy stuck on labels are of such high quality that unless you have the record in your hand ( and even then) it is close to impossible.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert