Al Williams For £100?

paultp

In a moment of contemplation yesterday I wondered if it would be possible to buy and sell records in such a way that you could eventually get a really top record for not a lot of money.

What I eventually came up with was the idea of starting with a budget of 100 quid and trying to turn this into a copy of Al Williams - I am nothing.

I'm too tight to stick my hand in my pocket and just buy one and I do like a challenge, so I'm going to give it a go. I wonder if it is possible?

I'll start writing about it and keep a running score as I go along on my blog. If you'd like to play along please pick a different record. :-)

Cheers

Paul

• Helpful 3
Social source share

I have often started collecting again with a hundred knicker in my pocket and a warehouse full of good intentions to make the ton go a long long way................I have invariably ended up with a pile of shit......... :(  :yes: ............Good luck mon brave!

Social source share

In a moment of contemplation yesterday I wondered if it would be possible to buy and sell records in such a way that you could eventually get a really top record for not a lot of money.

What I eventually came up with was the idea of starting with a budget of 100 quid and trying to turn this into a copy of Al Williams - I am nothing.

I'm too tight to stick my hand in my pocket and just buy one and I do like a challenge, so I'm going to give it a go. I wonder if it is possible?

I'll start writing about it and keep a running score as I go along on my blog. If you'd like to play along please pick a different record. :-)

Cheers

Paul

I like this idea Paul and will look out for the updates. Good luck with it and I hope you get a copy of what is one of my all time favourite 60's records.

Peter

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I have often started collecting again with a hundred knicker in my pocket and a warehouse full of good intentions to make the ton go a long long way................I have invariably ended up with a pile of shit......... :(  :yes: ............Good luck mon brave!

LOL

peter

Social source share

I'm warming to the task though I think it might be measured in years.

I don't have a lot of experience with records over a couple of hundred quid so it will be interesting. I think the hardest part will be selling records I want to keep.

Anyway, 1st record bought. I'm going to say what they are after I've sold them (if I sell them!).

Wish me luck.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

This is a classic, isn't it? And it's certainly been achieved a few times, although I bet there are way more failures than successes.

if I understand the idea, this is where someone sets out on a specific challenge to own something of significant worth by starting out with something relatively small, and then making their way to the goal by upgrading, selling for a profit, reinvesting that profit, buying something bigger in value, and, with a bit of luck, accumulating enough to eventually get the 'prize'!

Always liked the idea, but think I'd fail miserably and probably end up with less then I started with. Good luck with it!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

good luck

I'm warming to the task though I think it might be measured in years.

I don't have a lot of experience with records over a couple of hundred quid so it will be interesting. I think the hardest part will be selling records I want to keep.

Anyway, 1st record bought. I'm going to say what they are after I've sold them (if I sell them!).

Wish me luck.

Social source share

Guest julesp1905

Certainly possible, though achieving the goal is down to knowledge and a lot of luck.

How are you going to do it, with one record at a time, or multiple purchases?

Social source share

Cheers

Paul

Paul , have actually thought of doing this myself many times , i.e. if I've bought a bargain of ebay and flogged it for a bit of a profit then invest that in another etc.etc. , trouble is I always sh*t out and get bugger all for the next one :huh: , similar thing to matey boy who put a paper clip on ebay and ended up buying a bloody house with his profits , although I think he had a little help maybe?

Good luck anyway mate and keep us posted .

Cheers

Swifty :thumbsup:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!