Eddie Foster Orig?

There were a few different boots.  One was a black on white DJ issue, with red plastic, on which the print lines are weak (slightly blurry), due to the label being photocopied.  There is only "IN 6311A" and "IN 6311B" etched into the run out area. 

The original has silver print on a darker (navy) blue hued background than the colour store-stock boot, which is slightly less "navy blue", and slightly more turquoise in hue.  The original has IN 6311 etched on both sides, with the song titles also etched into the groove runout.  I don't have the coloured stocker boot, so I can't tell you what's in the groove trail.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

There was also a Multi coloured Vinyl Boot as well, only seen one, Ian ohara from York had it.

JM's auction raised about £56 for it some years ago.  Apparently, Bob Catteno had the coloured vinyl ones pressed at the same time as the WDJs, but in a very limited quantity.

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

That right Gene, couldn`t remember the guys name, did he also do the Sam fletcher coloured vinyl ones also??

Didn't know there were any, Harry!  Now they must be seriously scarce.

PS: Hope you, Di and the family have a good Easter....... :thumbsup:

Edited by Gene-R
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Didn't know there were any, Harry!  Now they must be seriously scarce.

PS: Hope you, Di and the family have a good Easter....... :thumbsup:

Yeh seem to remember reading somewhere about red vinyl Sam fletchers Gene. Same to you and yours for Easter Gene.

Edited by HARRY CROSBY
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Eddie Foster  dark blue look alike from early70s had  pb stamped into the deadwax i have heard of people t cut that out and pass as an original.

so take care,also pb stamped into dead wax on the 70s looalike of the Salvadors Stick By Me Baby.and that passed as original.

Glyn

Social source share

IN_Records_IN-6411-A.jpgIN_Records_IN-6411-B.jpg

The Original first run had just the song titles in the deadwax, second run had IN 6311 plus the song titles.

Hi Roger

Do you mean there were two original runs of Eddie Foster with the dead wax markings as above - and then the blue boot? Or, when you say second run, do you mean the boot?

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

That will go just lovely with your pink/reddish curtains Peter - according to Rod's theory of vinyl-themed interior decoration  :D

Richard

How very dare you Richard!  :ohmy:

I have fir green, crushed velvet sort of curtains going on. 

My Eddie Foster boot would positively clash - it would look like a car crash. I'm off to find that record now to see what is stamped/etched in. What a sad and lonely furrow I plough - apart from you lot of course!  :D

Peter

:wink:

Social source share

Hope yours is an Original Jim.

However It is a minefield but your description does tick a few boxes.

A friend of mine in the 70s had the Boot on a Light Blue Label.

I travelled to Kings Lynn and for a few quid more bought the Original from Soul Bowl with just the Titles scratched in the Deadwax.

Anyone else using places like this ended up with an Original, not In great quantity but they're out there somewhere here in 2013.

Social source share

Yes I believe so Richard.

Some records are difficult when you don't have them in your hands, due to such practice.

I haven't seen all of the Counterfeits/Boots of Eddie Foster in the flesh,

but I well remember being caught out by a copy of Velvet Satins with PB in the Deadwax back in the day.

I paid good money for a Counterfeit. It was the 70s and we have probably all been caught out over the years.

That disaster stopped here with me, lesson learned.

I would never pass it on to anyone else, not my style so took the hit and still have It as a reminder.

Social source share

Mick H has a multi coloured one.

Another mate has a multi coloured James Lewis too, never seen another one ??

I have 2 copies of EF, one has the song title in the run off the other has the record No, both labels are identical and both came same day from the same US seller ( bought one off him and he found a 2nd copy which he threw in for free lol)

Ian.

Social source share

• 1 year later...

my copy has IN 6311 A on the I never Knew side and IN 6311 B on the I will wait side. figure that it could be a boot but it does look and play great.

if a boot what would be the value?

regards Harry

Bloody hell Harry where did you find this thread?  :lol:

Depending on the colour variations mentioned above it could be between a tenner to whatever someones prepared to pay.

Social source share

There were two runs Originally first run had just the song titles in the deadwax, second run had IN 6311 plus the song titles.

There is no way anyone can tell which run of the original came first!

The song titles were probably scratched onto the Master Disc.

Several sub-master discs are made from the Master disc.

IN6311 could have been scratched on to one of the sub-master Discs, but maybe not onto any of the other sub-master discs.

Who knows which of the sub-master discs was used to make the first pressing machine record stampers?

The one with the numbers scratched on or one without the numbers scratched on!

Unless there is a witness from the record pressing plant at the time, we will never know!!

Edited by Guest
Social source share

is the label blue same as the real one but a bit speckily

I have seen that old speckily blue lookalike, and nearly bought it in a venue.

It looks good but as you say the uneven blue gives it away!

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!