Larry Clinton-She's Wanted Issue

snooky

No, better for only the dealers..................

Well, if the dealers go out and spend it on new cars, champagne, caviar, holidays in Skegness then it's all good. The record in question was sold on commission, no doubt, so sure someone will be happy with some spare cash. But I've got a feeling whoever bought it WON'T really be feeling the pinch of the recession...

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest turntableterra

better selll your kidneys and your right leg and arm mick coz its comming  home.....................

Social source share

FINISHED AT ALMOST £7.500 GREAT PRICE BUT I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE MADE A BIT MORE THAN THAT,

I GUESS IT WILL END UP IN A BANK VAULT SOMEWHERE, IT'S ABOUT THE ONLY WAY YOU'D EVER GET INSURANCE FOR IT,

I PRAYED FOR A WIN ON THE LOTTO BUT NO LUCK AS USUAL.

JOE.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

FINISHED AT ALMOST £7.500 GREAT PRICE BUT I THOUGHT IT MIGHT HAVE MADE A BIT MORE THAN THAT,

I GUESS IT WILL END UP IN A BANK VAULT SOMEWHERE, IT'S ABOUT THE ONLY WAY YOU'D EVER GET INSURANCE FOR IT,

JOE.

More likely it'll end up getting hammered to death at local soul dos and be reduced to G- minus condition with heavy cue burn in no time ...

Edited by sunnysoul
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

JOE.

Not so.

I recently insured my collection. I simply had to itemise every record (took fooking ages!) and get a Redcare Alarm system fitted with 2 PIR's in the record room. I had to buy a Eurograde safe though for jewellery and watches, some of which were worth less than some of the records

Social source share

Not so.

I recently insured my collection. I simply had to itemise every record (took fooking ages!) and get a Redcare Alarm system fitted with 2 PIR's in the record room. I had to buy a Eurograde safe though for jewellery and watches, some of which were worth less than some of the records

I guess different companies will require different demands. When I asked few years ago, they needed an inventory with photos and a valuation from an independent expert unless receipts could be provided. You can insure anything at a cost.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I guess different companies will require different demands. When I asked few years ago, they needed an inventory with photos and a valuation from an independent expert unless receipts could be provided. You can insure anything at a cost.

I got it done as part of my home insurance. The premium is not too bad and it covers everything

Social source share

I got it done as part of my home insurance. The premium is not too bad and it covers everything

Me too - all as part of my home insurance - no cataloguing etc.

And for insurance purposes, with my home insurer it is not classed as a 'collection' either because it is various artists.

They classify a collection as something which has a finite number of items in a set - I dunno, like all of the first press Elvis Presley 45s on Sun. With that kind of collection they say the value increases beyond the sum of the parts if it is complete. Their definition, not mine.

I was broken into a few years ago in a previous place when I was in Oxford. They got into my record boxes, which were padlocked, and chucked them around a bit.

I claimed on badly damaged items, including things with marks that weren't there before. The insurers were very good, as they basically had to take it on trust where I was claiming reduced value due to scuffing of records etc.

They also took Manship's Guide as gospel on my recommendation, because it was a properly published guide with an ISBN number.

That was all very helpful, given how pissed off I was that some druggie had kicked in the front window and ransacked my house, and got into my records  :boxing: 

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Me too - all as part of my home insurance - no cataloguing etc.

And for insurance purposes, with my home insurer it is not classed as a 'collection' either because it is various artists.

They classify a collection as something which has a finite number of items in a set - I dunno, like all of the first press Elvis Presley 45s on Sun. With that kind of collection they say the value increases beyond the sum of the parts if it is complete. Their definition, not mine.

I was broken into a few years ago in a previous place when I was in Oxford. They got into my record boxes, which were padlocked, and chucked them around a bit.

I claimed on badly damaged items, including things with marks that weren't there before. The insurers were very good, as they basically had to take it on trust where I was claiming reduced value due to scuffing of records etc.

They also took Manship's Guide as gospel on my recommendation, because it was a properly published guide with an ISBN number.

That was all very helpful, given how pissed off I was that some druggie had kicked in the front window and ransacked my house, and got into my records  :boxing: 

That is when the guides the guide prices are useful :thumbup:

Social source share

i wasn't far out was i?...7k plus a bit more...thing is, from the point of view of its true rarity, it overshadows frank wilson ever so slightly....frank got as far as the demo stage, but it would have recieved a national release and stood a reasonable chance of getting wider recognition....not that it hasn't anyway, just that it took over 3 decades to recieve the notoriety that it has. equally, larry clinton has been around for a long time but its promotion bombed from day one on a tiny label, in hindsight it was only ever going to be rare in a northern soul perspective hence, in my opinion, the valuation you see today is a true reflection of a truely classic record that hasn't been glossed over with the commercial treatment....from that first explosive bass chord, you know you want to dance to it and, for the rest of your lives you will want to dance to it...its the spirit of wigan and every other venue since.

Edited by AGENTSMITH
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!