Larry Clinton-She's Wanted Issue

snooky

Ooooh ...didnt realise the red ones were so exclusive ?

I've just opened a box of 45's I bought as a job lot from a guy in Philadelphia ,mostly tsop stuff ,but amazingly two copies of this at the bottom ,wdj and a red issue :)

• Helpful 3
Social source share

Ooooh ...didnt realise the red ones were so exclusive ?

I've just opened a box of 45's I bought as a job lot from a guy in Philadelphia ,mostly tsop stuff ,but amazingly two copies of this at the bottom ,wdj and a red issue :)

is that an april fool post nev ??? if not youre a jammy b*****d,lol bud

jason

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

i got a few bids in but sure it will be 7 to 8k....worth more than Eddie Parker

i think an understatement. this would look good in my box any day, remortgage time. is there less than the franks i wonder. still ogling

Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

5k?....you would think so in the light of the recent sale of eddie parker, what did that realise?, 8k?.....larry clinton is up in the all-time top ten tunes & valuation and a red copy is blue moon time to 99% of collectors....the 1% who own it know they are minted...if kev murphy played the kings hall or the tower, you'd get to see it full screen...how good would that be?, the white demo is nice but bright red wins hands down!.

Social source share

Guest turntableterra

has to be the only one to own now. imagine having that slapped on the decks, agree the demo isnt as rare as this.

any one want to buy three kids and a missus. and a house and a car and

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Only one on Popsike went for $6.8K (£4.6K ish) in VG+ in 2010 (https://www.popsike.com/RARE-Northern-Soul-LARRY-CLINTON-Shes-Wanted-LISTEN/280506719540.html)

Now add the JM weighting for reputation and this copy is in excellent, so my forecast is £8K

post-2737-0-32604400-1366638212_thumb.jppost-2737-0-08661500-1366638260_thumb.jp

First one is a scan of the one on JM's site, 2nd one from Popsike.  On the face of it 2 different 45s.. poor quality scans but have a close look.

Social source share

Perhaps I'm missing something here but do people really think the issue is worth four or five times the price of a white demo?

Probably 2 or 3 times more yes.

Social source share

Guest chorleybloke

Probably 2 or 3 times more yes.

Well spotted Steve, same record in my view (but JM's must have been professionally cleaned).  So still only 2 known copies not a 3rd.

Cheers

Pete

Social source share

And for all those who think these mega-rarities are over priced think about it..... if it were a rare stamp with only a handful ever found/made.  :yes:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/10249548

And what the f@ck can you do with a stamp.....read the writing credits....listen to it, flip it over and hear the other side?  :sleep3:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Larry end date has been extended for an extra week due to potential website bidding problems.

Still not too late to arrange that re-mortgage or sell a kidney!!

Wonder if there would have been a bug in the system if the bidding had already reached figures quoted on here?

Still quite a way below what has been guesstimated!

Social source share

Larry end date has been extended for an extra week due to potential website bidding problems.

Still not too late to arrange that re-mortgage or sell a kidney!!

I would sell one of my livers!.....I hear you can get by on just the one.  :yes:

Social source share

post-7917-0-38359300-1366820535.jpg Larry Clinton She's Wanted (in Three States)

IMPORTANT NOTICE

Larry Clinton She’s Wanted (in Three States)

LARRY CLINTON has been moved to next week owing to possible technical problems.

Bidders may have noticed a glitch in the bidding system earlier today.

Yesterday we had a website technical update, that has unfortunately disturbed the proxy bidding system. We do think it is now fixed but with a record of this importance we have decided to put the ending back a week to ensure there are no server-bugs to upset the proxy bidding procedure, on this most-important offering.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this technical blip may have caused.

Larry is now sitting in NEXT WEEKS AUCTION.

Sorry, this item has already been won!

The winning bid was £ 1.00

A pound!!!!!!.....I can shit a pound!

I thought it would have gone for more :lol:

Social source share

Guest The Record Box

I would sell one of my livers!.....I hear you can get by on just the one.  Main thing is I own Larry Clinton, everything else is buckshee!!

Social source share

So when does this auction actually finish then? Cos originally was down for tonight.

Aid.

Extended for a further week ,so that will be next Wednesday at 6pm or when all interest is calmed to a final bid price :)
Social source share

Recession, what recession ?

I think the way recessions generally work is rich people get richer, poor people get poorer. And the more rich people sitting on massive piles of cash, the worse it gets. The more lunatics splashing their cash on bits of plastic, the better for everyone...

Social source share

I think the way recessions generally work is rich people get richer, poor people get poorer. And the more rich people sitting on massive piles of cash, the worse it gets. The more lunatics splashing their cash on bits of plastic, the better for everyone...

No, better for only the dealers..................

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!