Two Step - What Is It?

Tent Music was a term created after the crossover sessions at the Cala Gran, Fleetwood weekenders in about 2001 is the massive marquee attached to the side of the building.

What were the Ohio Players live like at the weekender in 1993?

• Helpful 1
Social source share

• 1 month later...

The tunes posted are will give you a good indication of the "Music " tempo, style, mood..etc..

as for the dance itself....

WELL

.just tie your laces together....get up to  the floor....and off you go...

Enjoy it for what it is ...do YOUR thing...

Social source share

Yes but not the 80's! :-))

It actually changed fairly rapidly after 91 I would say, the year of some very soft House being booed in the soul room I would think.

Your first one was the first ever Southport, and the session was in the big hall at the swimming pool, near the radio station, where all the dodgy stay up all nighters gathered, Friday was Northern but with lots of bemused non Northern punters, and Saturday was Yogis everything in which was mental and brilliant, people bouncing off walls second night to the most eclectic mix of music imaginable.

I remember that one like it was yesterday, but can't actually remember yesterday!

It was Billy Davidson who got booed for playing this (I supplied Bill's music at the time :wink: ):

....although this is the wrong mix, can't find the 'House Mix' on  YT.

That same eventful year was when Colin Curtis played a 7"s set in a house stylee and Kev Edwards hilariously opened up with a filthy Ice T accapella, dropped the house lights then blew the stage up with some overly-heavy pyrotechnics setting fire to two girls blouses  :elvis:  - the whole venue froze and I fell off me chair laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

It was Billy Davidson who got booed for playing this (I supplied Bill's music at the time :wink: ):

....although this is the wrong mix, can't find the 'House Mix' on  YT.

That same eventful year was when Colin Curtis played a 7"s set in a house stylee and Kev Edwards hilariously opened up with a filthy Ice T accapella, dropped the house lights then blew the stage up with some overly-heavy pyrotechnics setting fire to two girls blouses  :elvis:  - the whole venue froze and I fell off me chair laughing. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

But then who ventured into the soul room after 1991 or even 1992 ? Let alone re attend  this weekender after 1994. The national club scene was better respected - IMHO !!      

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!