What Do You Think,

De-to

The big dealers do these types of loans against records.  Tim Brown does anyway.

Is it because you don't know the person behind it so it's got to be a joke right?

It's a 100% legit service and it might become very useful as a way of obtaining money in the short term - you just use records as security instead of the family silver.

So what's the problem?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

I see the page owner is based in St. Neots.  Anyone know who it is?

Yes I do, it's Martyn Smith and almost every record I've sold on here in the last month - and there have been some bloody good ones, including everything on yesterdays list - have been his, and he used the cash I got for him to set up this business idea.

Social source share

let me get this straight havin had a look at that......you send a gar issue of kenny smith ..he gives you £53 with interest you can buy it back  within the month for £66.25....but if you cant afford to buy it back he keeps the record :g:

No.  You'd have at least 3 months to raise £66

Social source share

says 28 days on that facebook page pete........or is the interest £13.25 per month or somethin

Q. What happens if I can’t afford to buy my records back after 28 days?

A. You just contact us, and you just pay the fee for the month. We will give you our Bank details to process this payment. This way you extend your term for another 28 days. The Golden Rule: Contact us if you know you are going to be late, we can be flexible — but only if you communicate.

Social source share

Q. What happens if I can’t afford to buy my records back after 28 days?

A. You just contact us, and you just pay the fee for the month. We will give you our Bank details to process this payment. This way you extend your term for another 28 days. The Golden Rule: Contact us if you know you are going to be late, we can be flexible — but only if you communicate.

Seems fair enough, and in these times not a bad thing either.  Probably nothing different to what Cash Converters does.

Edited by Gene-R
Social source share

Seems fair enough - probably nothing different to what Cash Converters does.

It's the same basically.

They're a registered company, part of a national company, not just one bloke.

Q. I would like more information, is it possible to speak with someone?

A. Of course you can, you can always email us or phone our shop/offices; we’ll be happy to chat things through.

Cashbrokers St Neots

Holland and Smith Ltd t/as Cash Brokers

Tel: 01480 219131

stneots@cashbrokers.co.uk

Registered in England & Wales: 20 Sansome Walk, Worcester, WR1 1LR Company Number: 08170421

Social source share

Guest martyn

Hi All,

Its me who is running this side of the business for my wife Miranda.

Please feel free to contact me for any information not included on yesterdays news post https://www.soul-source.co.uk/articles/soul-news/new-venture-cashbrokers-northern-soul-vinyl-r2684 or our FB page.

Please bear in mind that its NOT our intention to keep your vinyl, we release money for an agreed term using your vinyl as security. That is why we only release 35% of an agreed value. You only lose your record if YOU default.

Please use our FB page or email or phone with any direct questions as I'm sure Mike doesn't want me clogging up his site (that's why the original post was locked)

Cheers

Martyn

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

This is so sad, Some people must be so desperate.

Garry.

P.S. If he wasent doin it some other heartless iligitamte would be

Social source share

This is so sad, Some people must be so desperate.

Garry.

P.S. If he wasent doin it some other heartless iligitamte would be

Welcome to the real world.

Christ when I think of the collections I've had to sell.

If someone had offered me a lifeline to keep them I'd have jumped at it.

Didn't notice any of you helping me keep my last British collection, I might have been able to had there been this option.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I think it's a great idea. We all need a few quid sometime to get over the hump without watching something go out the door.
I probably couldn't get 5 bob on the rest of my stuff so someone who's not going to argue the toss about a 45
sounds like an idea.
Nothing like it in NY as far as I know, even though in these times of trial there are new pawn shops springing up all over the city.
I'm sure I'd have a great time showing up with one there.
The old guys who disappeared about 15 -20 yrs ago here may have considered it, they would probably have done the rersearch if possible
By the looks of things the new guys are only interested in tangible family jools.
Good luck to you.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Great idea I thinks, normally people pawn gold and goods etc etc, this way if someone with records needs cash fast they can use them as security, even if it was to take a year to pay back what you borrowed keeping them informed you cold get your records back, might cost you a few bob in interest but hey it gets you out of a sticky mess which is what it's all about. Some people don't have a pot to piddle in but they have records which are only of value if you sell them, no one likes selling their records if they don't have too I know I didn't when I needed money for me divorce this could of been a great option, Good luck to you I say.

Social source share

Guest martyn

Bearsy, Nev,

You got the idea. It is a way people can release equity in their records to get over difficult patches or raise money to buy more tunes that come on the market while they are waiting for their next paypacket.As I have said before, the main reason we only offer a 35% lend to value is so that we don't get a stock room full of tunes that people cant afford to buy back or have no wish to buy back & as long as people communicate we can try to be reasonable when it comes to extending the loan. As with all of the shops transactions customers are given a guarenteed confidential service (ie nobody on here or anywhere else will know their buisiness unless THEY make it known)..............I've been a soulboy far to long to know not to s*** on my own doorstep.

Social source share

Bearsy, Nev,

You got the idea. It is a way people can release equity in their records to get over difficult patches or raise money to buy more tunes that come on the market while they are waiting for their next paypacket.As I have said before, the main reason we only offer a 35% lend to value is so that we don't get a stock room full of tunes that people cant afford to buy back or have no wish to buy back & as long as people communicate we can try to be reasonable when it comes to extending the loan. As with all of the shops transactions customers are given a guarenteed confidential service (ie nobody on here or anywhere else will know their buisiness unless THEY make it known)..............I've been a soulboy far to long to know not to s*** on my own doorstep.

All sounds good to me if needed...But do you guarantee not to play em while in your possesion? I know I couldn't resist it? :lol:

Social source share

Guest martyn

All sounds good to me if needed...But do you guarantee not to play em while in your possesion? I know I couldn't resist it? :lol:

LOL

No they wont get played unless there is an issue over condition/valuation that needs to be addressed

Social source share

Guest martyn

Do you ever have to sell any records and how are they advertised?

Only my own as yet !

I suppose by the very nature of the buisiness a small minority of people, (hopefully a small minority !) will default in which case the records would go to a dealer to recover the money lent against them.......I am NOT a record dealer.

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

Depends on where they are djn I suppose lol. One way of keeping your set fresh lolol.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!