Pat Lewis - No One To Love

Sounds okay to me am I missing something?

it sounds a bit distorted..a bit grissly,,,,,the vocals strings etcetera are ok but theres something else goin on in the background that shouldnt be there..they might all be like this.....good record tho..but aint the flipside crap

tony the seller even says its destorted but it goes a bit past the intro to my ears

Edited by dave pinch
Social source share

it sounds a bit distorted..a bit grissly,,,,,the vocals strings etcetera are ok but theres something else goin on in the background that shouldnt be there..they might all be like this.....good record tho..but aint the flipside crap

tony the seller even says its destorted but it goes a bit past the intro to my ears

You should hear my copy mate!

Social source share

acually it sounded almost as bad as a needle burned copy. The record looked clean and nice but because of that destroyed intro I personally wouldnt grade it any higher than VG+. A 1500 UKP maybe 2000 UKP record easily these days in decent (mint minus) conidtion.   

Social source share

Les Hall (King Bee Records) told me he sold this for a 5 quid   :huh:

when i was  talking to him @ his shop about 3yrs ago 

atb Kev  :hatsoff2:

Les sold it to Dave Withers at the CISrecord fair bit later on the same day Dave sold it to Kev Barrett for £140 Next week I got it off Kev in a trade..

Pat Lewis was for sale at Global Records Manchester in the 70's for 85p Danny Woods you had me fooled 40p I bought two Pat Lewis A few Danny Woods bought 6 Mickie Farrows and back in 72 bought every copy of Lenis Guess just ask me they had which was if I remember was about 15 copies lent Dave Rivers one to listen to at the Highland Room bugger never gave it me back lol

Global also had plenty copies of Tony Hestor watch yourself..

• Helpful 2
Social source share

5 pounds I bet the poor guy is losing sleep now!!

That won't bother Les one bit he's had loads of rarer records in than Pat Lewis , I got a Magnetics I have a girl off him did,nt even kow he had one till I heard some one playing a tape that Les had done them

King Bee records is a brilliant second hand record shop in Chorltum Mancs I've had some brilliant stuff off Les over the years he deals in every kind of records from the 50s to present day . Always. Good place to buy northern

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest The Record Box

Everybody seems to get bargains, the only bargain I got was one from The Bay city Rollers. Anybody interested?

Social source share

Les sold it to Dave Withers at the CISrecord fair bit later on the same day Dave sold it to Kev Barrett for £140 Next week I got it off Kev in a trade..

Pat Lewis was for sale at Global Records Manchester in the 70's for 85p Danny Woods you had me fooled 40p I bought two Pat Lewis A few Danny Woods bought 6 Mickie Farrows and back in 72 bought every copy of Lenis Guess just ask me they had which was if I remember was about 15 copies lent Dave Rivers one to listen to at the Highland Room bugger never gave it me back lol

Global also had plenty copies of Tony Hestor watch yourself..

Hi Ian

didn't think that Global records sold anything for less than 25 bob - perhaps your old age is making your mind play tricks on you :yes:  :D

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!