Celebrities - I Choose You Baby (Boss)

Love this - but does anyone else think it slows down quite a bit as it plays through.

They all seem to.

Why would that be? Something in the manufacturing of the masters? Not the band surely?

Or is it just me?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Love this - but does anyone else think it slows down quite a bit as it plays through.

They all seem to.

Why would that be? Something in the manufacturing of the masters? Not the band surely?

Or is it just me?

Cheers

Richard

Hi Richard

It seems to start slowing down after about 1.28 - I can't say I've ever noticed before. I'm no expert on stuff like this - perhaps something in the masters etc. Perhaps the band just easing off.

I accept that my contribution adds absolutely nothing to your thread! And for that i proffer my apologies.

:(

:D

Peter

Social source share

It think they loose some pace just after the intro when the bassguitar starts playing a more funky style. Can't really say they're loosing pace at 1:28, but that's just me. My experience is that if a band looses pace it's almost always after the intro. It's easy to play fast at first but once the song gets more complicated.... =)

Social source share

Guest giant

I bought this celebrities-I choose you baby from Frank Merrill for $15 in the early 8ts. I bought it blind, taking a chance on it being a decent record, based upon the other release that was getting some attention from the collectors.  Funny, at the time I didn't think it was good enough to play in the clubs and never did anything with it until the later 9ts. Must have lowered my standards!!

high standard or lower standard 'for me you're still the top man in the business  :thumbup:  :thumbup:

Social source share

Guest stevie frear

Sounds like a tricky arrangment to me,key changes play a big part too,but over all its a great 45,would be glad to give $20 which gives you a $5 net profit,lol

Nice post tho :yes:

Social source share

I don't think it slows down, it just sounds to me like the arrangment and production changes in the song!

Great record, I try not to analyse to much or I will take out all the enjoyment!

Social source share

Guest Bearsy

It does seem to slow down slightly at 1-28 but at 1-53 it seems to speed up slightly and at 2-31 it seems to stop completely ....

What a tune though ......

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!