Wand 45S On Vinyl

boba

Scepter had a lot more odd garage and rock records than Wand. I don't know how they set up their business. Maybe Wand was supposed to be a soul label but the legacy of the Kingsmen (who predated the garage / rock explosion) kept them in that scene a bit. There is a fairly rare 45 on Scepter by the Dickens, it's not as rare as some people think "50 copies distributed" but it is documented to have a limited release. Also the good Six Feet Under 45 on Scepter is fairly high demand/cost.

I thought Stemmons Express was a genuine Northern Soul record. No interest to the garage or pop-psych crowd.

Thanks I specifically was asking whether a record was in demand by rock collectors, I know stemmons is a "northern soul" record but I'm not sure it's not a rock record. I guess not. I didn't know there were two heavy doowop records, I only knew the jokers.

What prompted my post was that I got the gentlemen four and it has mild styrene distortion which annoys me, was hoping it was possible to get it on vinyl but I seriously doubt it.

Social source share

It is Major Harris Bob.....

Major Harris / Ultra High Frequency Saddest Smile In Town Felder, Harris, Baker 11262 Philly Groove 1973 3.38

Ian D :D

Hi Ian. I don't understand what information you're quoting me proving it's Major Harris. Not saying it's not, just saying I don't understand what information you're giving me. Thanks.

Social source share

Hi Ian. I don't understand what information you're quoting me proving it's Major Harris. Not saying it's not, just saying I don't understand what information you're giving me. Thanks.

It's the original Philly Groove listing which was compiled by Reid Whitelaw of Brookside Music and who formally reperesented Philly Groove. I specifically asked him about this and he's always stated that Major Harris sang lead on "Saddest Smile In Town". It seems feasible to me.....

Ian D :D

Edited by Ian Dewhirst
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!