Question-Billy Sha-Rae

Wilxy

Could someone please enlighten me with regard his version of I'm gone 45 on Spectrum? I appreciate the record was released on both the Plum/Blue labels, so am assuming the Plum issue was 1st release ? Is there an identifying difference label wise (colour apart) that would define a difference?.....Cutting to the chase, if the releases were both preceded by White Demos? How would you identify the former from the latter in demo format :g:

Social source share

• Replies 8
  • Views 926
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Could someone please enlighten me with regard his version of I'm gone 45 on Spectrum? I appreciate the record was released on both the Plum/Blue labels, so am assuming the Plum issue was 1st release ? Is there an identifying difference label wise (colour apart) that would define a difference?.....Cutting to the chase, if the releases were both preceded by White Demos? How would you identify the former from the latter in demo format :g:

which single are you talking about

kev

Social source share

Wilxy

The label layouts are different.

A couple of points.

The plum issue has Sens-serif text for the label title 'Spectrum'. It also only has the distributed by Laurie text under the label title.

The blue issues is with serifs on the label title. Plus it mentions Laurie distribution twice - 1) under the label title and 2) under the song/writer etc. credits right at the bottom of the label.

The white DJ is the same layout as the plum labelled version.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Richard 

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Wilxy

The label layouts are different.

A couple of points.

The plum issue has Sens-serif text for the label title 'Spectrum'. It also only has the distributed by Laurie text under the label title.

The blue issues is with serifs on the label title. Plus it mentions Laurie distribution twice - 1) under the label title and 2) under the song/writer etc. credits right at the bottom of the label.

The white DJ is the same layout as the plum labelled version.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Richard 

Wilxy - basically I'm saying the white demo matches the original plum labelled issue and is not related to the later blue issue which has a different label layout  (and I don't think there is a white demo to match the blue issue)  :yes:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert