Checkmates. Kissing Her And Crying For You

Harry Crosby

no demos as far as i know H, aka patrice holloway, stolen hours and alexander patten, released at a brief time when capitol for some strange reason didn't demo there output

And yet they did for Jerry Cook. FYI there's a whole album of stuff done by Jerry Cook at Capitol, they won't release it :(

Social source share

Not sure if you misunderstood my post Chris, when i said demos, i meant demo 45's not unreleased recordings :thumbsup:

No demo 45s but in fact Capitol throughout the 6Ts regularly sent out promotional 12" LPs to radio stations to promote their product in all the various music genres. These LPs would have about 3 soul tunes, 3 country songs, 5 or 6 pop tunes by the Beach Boys , Lettermen etc.

I have about 15 of these LPs , cherry picked them out of a batch of 100 or so that I came across in an old warehouse many years ago . I pulled the ones with all the key soul tunes - Patrice Holloway Stolen Hours, Checkmates Kissing Her , Alexander Patten, Bobby Paris Walked Away, HB Barnum Heartbreaker and many others ....

Sound quality on these LPs is unbelievable with Checkmates Ltd and Patrice Holloway being slightly different and superior takes to the 7" released versions.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!