Ikea - The Record Collector's Friend

Got vinyl in 3 different rooms in various places, under beds, in wardrobes & even an old Woolworths record shelf unit. Spare room looks like HMV after an earthquake but surprisingly most of the CD's are in Ikea racks (and the car boot!!!).

Think a trip to Ikea for some vinyl storage is on the priority list for this year.

PS, love the keyboards on the shoe racks in the video.

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

great video now I've been to ikea to price these storage thing's up and they're very expencive I've soon got to permanantly organise and store 44,000 singles and around 8,000 albums/12 inchers plus loads of 78's and a collection of deck's ect it's gonna be a slow process but i think it would be cheaper to get a proper chippie in and have self designed shelving.Regards Simon.

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

£60 each from my local furniture discount shop...

think these are old stock from a tesco range..

man i love anything OLD STOCK!!

post-2860-0-98745300-1360330779_thumb.jp

Social source share

Guest MissHongkongfuey

***SWOON***

That looks awesome!!

Got records everywhere here. Our roof has bowed with the sheer weight in the loft, the kitchen cupboards are full of it. There are 3 or 4 piles on the lounge carpet, waiting to be re-homed but with no luck or even room and have even taken up a double wardrobe upstairs However.... mine are stored in 3 x 200 flight cases.

Him Indoors should be fuel for the next Channel 4 documentary on hoarders. Vinyl hoarders..... there must be enough people on here, to fuel the whole series!!!

Social source share

Russell me auld mucker i just know in there is a wonderful willie Tee LOL

Im glad some of my old tunes went to a bloody good home, that looks very very nice i'll have to come down and have a soul fix in there sometime, its like what dave and bri pinches had but theirs were nearly all 7's on 3 walls there were shed loads of em, but thats mighty nice i must say

Geeooooooordie

Social source share

Guest sigher the gutter snype

Cheers lads. Yeah years of digging for samples as a hip hop producer etc...opened up so many musical avenues. Ie. Jazz funk soul psych and of course rare soul. Willie tee is a winner everytime geordie!! Hey you are always welcome for a cuppa/beer and a chat mate. Whenever you are down south. Hope you are well bro. I got a long way before I'm on par with the pinches!!

Social source share

Cheers lads. Yeah years of digging for samples as a hip hop producer etc...opened up so many musical avenues. Ie. Jazz funk soul psych and of course rare soul. Willie tee is a winner everytime geordie!! Hey you are always welcome for a cuppa/beer and a chat mate. Whenever you are down south. Hope you are well bro. I got a long way before I'm on par with the pinches!!

Cheers Russ

I'll hold you to that beer...dont forget dave and bri have two collectors so double the choons LOL

Geeoooordie

Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

I'm not a scratch/mix fan and it makes my ears bleed !!!

But the kid will never be able to damage perfectly good records as good as his dad can.

Just an opinion

Garry

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!