Ever Doubled Up Without Realising?

Guest Andy Kempster

Guest Andy Kempster

I really should pay more attention.

Spinning through a few tunes tonight i have noticed i have 2 copies of the enticers - calling for your love.

Only bought a copy just before christmas after a night out and thinking how much i loved that track. Lo and behold. Had it in a box i havent gone through in ages. Got 2 now. DIV!

Must have happened to others, surely

Social source share

I really should pay more attention.

Spinning through a few tunes tonight i have noticed i have 2 copies of the enticers - calling for your love.

Only bought a copy just before christmas after a night out and thinking how much i loved that track. Lo and behold. Had it in a box i havent gone through in ages. Got 2 now. DIV!

Must have happened to others, surely

It's a nice record Andy.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Its called greed! Having always prided myself on knowing what I bought I would like to laugh at all those above, however now having a sorted record room I realise I was delusional having found about 30 singles doubled and about 50 LP's!! Watch for the list going up soon......

Mr Trick, glad to see you are still out there, will be calling you around lunchtime for a quick chat.

Social source share

Some of the much older more discerning collectors have been know to triple up, without even realizing !!

During its popularity phase I dug around and found I had 6 wd's of O'Jays To Prove I Love You, I gave the extras away at Lifeline weekender even though a bundle of nupmties were paying stupid prices for it.

Having collected Philly I just bought whatever was in front of me, I still have 2 WD's and 1 issue of Anthony White that I really should sell.

Social source share

I have done this before but i now have 700 of my records listed on my computer on a spreadsheet,(still got a couple of hundred more to add). But now i always check my list before buying.

Social source share

Thats because you have to much $$$$$$ lol

I never had much money. Otherwise I'd have bought tonnes of records like Anderson, and I'd have become a dealer. I bought most of my records (when they were issued, or within a year or so, except for the '40s and very early '50s records I bought) mainly from the bargain bins, 10 cent sales at Woolworth's, thrift stores and junk stores (45s for 5, 10, 20 and 25 cents, LPs for 25, 50 cents and sometimes, $1 (if I really wanted them badly)). Yet, I still left hundreds at those prices, simply because I didn't have another 10 cents.

Social source share

Guest ScooterNik

I have done this before but i now have 700 of my records listed on my computer on a spreadsheet,(still got a couple of hundred more to add). But now i always check my list before buying.

I've listed my ska/skapunk cd collection in a similar manner, it runs to around 1000 CDs now, and then uploaded the list to a cloud. If I'm out and about hunting, or sat at home internet buying, it's a matter of two or three minutes to download the list to my phone and check what I'm buying.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!