Suppertime

Guest Chris53

• Replies 19
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

I have that single 45 of it. Stepheny

I had one of those too - mine must have been a demo 'cos it was the same both sides! :wub:

I am sure the artist is simply given as Total Eclipse and the lp is "Symphony for soul" - it's in the conservatory - I'll look in the morning!

Social source share

It's the instrumental to the track "6 O'Clock" by the Loving' Spoonful - a well-known 60's Pop/Rock group.

I was never sure where this came from. Was there an LP by a group called the Total Eclipses? I dunno?

I think it's perfect traditional Northern Soul and one of the best instrumentals of all time. It got bootlegged too quickly as "Supertime" by the Golden World Strings so wherever it originally came from got lost in the sands of time. F*ckin' GREAT instrumental!

Ian D :smile:

Social source share

post-1950-0-82582800-1359797897.pngIts Total Eclipses - Six o clock on Imperial ( Album only called- Symphony for soul)https://www.bsnpubs.c.../imperialg.html - Heres the Imperial album discography part six where it lists all the tracks.LP-9353 (LP-12353) - Symphony For Soul - Total Eclipse [1967] Stereo content not available. I Never Loved A Man/Releashttps://www.bsnpubs.com/imperial/imperialg.htmle Me/Happy Together/Hold What You've Got/Hi-Heel Sneakers/Devil Or Angel/Hold On! I'm Comin'/When A Man Loves A Woman/SearcLP-9353 (LP-12353) - Symphony For Soul - Total Eclipse [1967] Stereo content not availableLP-9353 (LP-12353) - Symphony For Soul - Total Eclipse [1967] Stereo content not available. I Never Loved A Man/Release Me/Happy Together/Hold What You've Got/Hi-Heel Sneakers/Devil Or Angel/Hold On! I'm Comin'/When A Man Loves A Woman/Searching For My Love/Six O'Clock/Respect. I Never Loved A Man/Release Me/Happy Together/Hold What You've Got/Hi-Heel Sneakers/Devil Or Angel/Hold On! I'm Comin'/When A Man Loves A Woman/Searching For My Love/Six O'Clock/Respecthing For My Love/Six O'Clock/Respect
Social source share

It's the instrumental to the track "6 O'Clock" by the Loving' Spoonful - a well-known 60's Pop/Rock group.

I was never sure where this came from. Was there an LP by a group called the Total Eclipses? I dunno?

I think it's perfect traditional Northern Soul and one of the best instrumentals of all time. It got bootlegged too quickly as "Supertime" by the Golden World Strings so wherever it originally came from got lost in the sands of time. F*ckin' GREAT instrumental!

====

i sometimes finish off with this at my nuneaton coop oldies allniter...

still a great atmospheric dancer

Social source share

Fabulous memory jerker of a tune!

I listed a copy for sale on here recently for a mere £20 ...

..and a copy of the Mike Post LP with 'Afternoon Of the Rhino' for £25 on it at the same time.

:thumbup:

Edited by Flynny
Social source share

Guest Chris53

Always loved it and great memories. However I'm now running an ovo gig and my conscience is nagging me. would love to play it. Should I and anybody selling the lp.

Social source share

i'm betting it originated thru SS ..yep LP only (stephanye 45 boot) now theres a clue..SYMPHONY FOR SOUL- total eclipse..imperial...agree, a great inst..

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert