Wants - Timewasters

Mark B

On the flip side of the coin, a member has purchased a 45 from me, but paid as a gift via paypal. The mailing address has been withheld and the buyer hasn't pm'd me his details. I've sent 3 PM's now in the space of week and I've not gotten a reply yet.

Should I refund the buyer or hold on to the cash til he eventually replies?

Edited by Greg Belson
Social source share

Possible causes ...notifications not set up right so not aware of your message ( check to see if the massage has actually been read ? )

Person read it but pretends hasn't seen it ( doesnt realise you know it's been read )

Someone else already beat you to the punch and was much cheaper ?

Your price was ridiculously high and insulted the " want" poster !

You could post in the want that you have one ,with price and increase your chance of a sale by alerting others ( no scruples where rare records are concerned :)

If you have one and are prepared to sell it in wants ,why not list it in sales if you don't get a reply?

Or simply ..if it bothers you that much ,don't run the risk of rejection ( don't pm em in the first place )!

Social source share

This topic must be the new OVO bootleg, oldies vs. newies topic.

Just leave them negative feedback if they p*ss you off. That's been the advice since the feedback system was introduced. Do something about it and leave negative feedback, if you don't do something then IMO you have no cause for complaint.

Let others know who the time wasters are!

• Helpful 2
Social source share

This topic must be the new OVO bootleg, oldies vs. newies topic.

Just leave them negative feedback if they p*ss you off. That's been the advice since the feedback system was introduced. Do something about it and leave negative feedback, if you don't do something then IMO you have no cause for complaint.

Let others know who the time wasters are!

Na..it's just a fill in until the next big debate comes along Chalky .. it's good to let off steam eevry now and again ,keeping it all bottled up causes stress ,which inturn causes cholesterol to build up in the arteries ,which can ultimately lead to serious heart problems ,not to mention impotency in men :(

M y doctor told me that :yes:

Social source share

Na..it's just a fill in until the next big debate comes along Chalky .. it's good to let off steam eevry now and again ,keeping it all bottled up causes stress ,which inturn causes cholesterol to build up in the arteries ,which can ultimately lead to serious heart problems ,not to mention impotency in men :(

M y doctor told me that :yes:

Well let the steam off on the feedback system, either that or bang your head on a wall.

Social source share

As orig forum '

Im a new member an was wondering if its the customery thing for ppl not to respond to pm,s , seems lacking not to respond , hey hoo eh cheers

Social source share

why does it 'irk' you that people ask for PM only on wants, I do this and see no issue in wanting to carry out a deal in private, just cant see the problem.

Think your getting me a bit mixed up Andy, I always ask for PM only and get people following up saying I have one what's your offer or I have one for sale, that's not sending a PM is it?, but as a previous poster has said I should lock the topic as soon as I ask.

Lenny

Social source share

Guest Andy Kempster

Think your getting me a bit mixed up Andy, I always ask for PM only and get people following up saying I have one what's your offer or I have one for sale, that's not sending a PM is it?, but as a previous poster has said I should lock the topic as soon as I ask.

Lenny

yeah i see what you mean now Lenny

and let me tell you something.....

it irks me too

Social source share

I merged the two topics. I don't understand why a new one was created, they are totally the same. I also don't understand why this is a thing all of a sudden. I agree it is annoying but is there a sudden surge in people not responding? Either way, please keep any posts within this topic. Thanks a lot.

Social source share

#use the feedback if feel its needed

before you name and shame, can i ask if you have used the feedback feature?

if you do use the feedback feature ....

then your feedback rating shows on the actual want and all future posts by the wanter

other members can then instantly be aware that this member has bad feeback before replying to the want

other members also see the rating on all future pms etc

the member in question is aware that has just been given bad feedback and can thus adapt their use of the site

etc etc

Edited by mike
mouth twisting
Social source share

#use the feedback if feel its needed

before you name and shame, can i ask if you have used the feedback feature?

if you do use the feedback feature ....

then your feedback rating shows on the actual want and all future posts by the wanter

other members can then instantly be aware that this member has bad feeback before replying to the want

other members also see the rating on all future pms etc

the member in question is aware that has just been given bad feedback and can thus adapt their use of the site

etc etc

also add to the mix that once members do get a certain amount of negative feedback, then the mod of sales is much more likely to be aware that there is a issue with this member

and can take steps to resolve

Social source share

I merged the two topics. I don't understand why a new one was created, they are totally the same. I also don't understand why this is a thing all of a sudden. I agree it is annoying but is there a sudden surge in people not responding? Either way, please keep any posts within this topic. Thanks a lot.

Thanks for merging the topics

Social source share

What if they only come on once or twice a week?

In my opinion not too much difference putting a want up and ignore answers for days or even worse totally ignore than pm a seller telling they want a record from their list and not bother answering for days and risking the sale as described in your post above.

we cant all be on the net all the time agree with that but find it strange if you are asking for a record and not check your response within a day or so and for a want at least within a couple of days. An answer only take a few seconds to send anyway...

Edited by Soulof
Social source share

• 2 weeks later...

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!