Mel Vena Allen On Salvador

Pete S

Didn't want to post this on someone's sales thread as comments aren't allowed but seeing this described as being £300...not trying to be funny but it's never been a tough tune to find, Domar had huge quantity that he knocked out for £20 or £25 each, I sold one for £75 in November 2011 for £75, someone else sold one for £80, when did it become a £300 record and why? Another ridiculous auction price I suppose *

* yes it went for over £100 in an auction

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

• Replies 12
  • Views 842
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

i thought it was still a tenner to be honest.....seriously. bigger your heart is a nice record mind..dont know the flip :g:

Well to be honest, I was thinking along those lines, I know I only got £75 for it because it sold for a daft price in auction and I don't usually use exploitation tactics like that really. Before then it was always £25. I only opened this topic to try and find out why someone rated it at £300.

"Bigger your heart" is alright but it goes on and on and you're waiting for a chorus to happen and nothing does!

Social source share

Well to be honest, I was thinking along those lines, I know I only got £75 for it because it sold for a daft price in auction and I don't usually use exploitation tactics like that really. Before then it was always £25. I only opened this topic to try and find out why someone rated it at £300.

"Bigger your heart" is alright but it goes on and on and you're waiting for a chorus to happen and nothing does!

i remember seeing it loads of times in the late 80`s and nineties between £10 and £25....never got round to pickin one up and sort of forgot about it til recently...maybe coz someone auctioned it....just wonderin where the demand lies..like i said i wasnt aware of the flip..could be stormin r &b for all i know tho if it is itll be no use to me lol

Social source share

Anyone know any definitive details of the Salvador label. Bobby Kind? Was this Bobby Martin or does anyone know a Bobby Kind? I suspect there is a Bobby Kind as I doubt Morris Bailey would have written, arranged and produced songs on a fully owned bobby Martin outlet although stranger things have happened? Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Three records on the label - got some info, somewhere at home - will check out over the weekend.

Des

Cheers Des,

Appreciate it Mate. The Gail Anderson is a million times better than the Mel Vena Allen 45. I don't think I've heard a third one?

Looking at the cat #s. There may well be at least 9 hiding somewhere.

Regards,

Dave

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert