Eddie Parker On Manships Site

Sheldonsoul

crying clown not suited to mr parkers voice....youre jesting of course...either that or your ears are made of cloth sir

Nope............your listening to it Dave but obviously not really hearing it! :thumbsup:
Social source share

no not me len ..only jesting

I know, I know - Damn this 'Two Dimensional Cyber World! - I was just 'adding to the fun' :D

It's funny when you see people get mixed up because of misinterpretation, sometimes it can go badly wrong (Said from experience!) :D

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Edited by LEN
Social source share

I know, I know - Damn this 'Two Dimensional Cyber World! - I was just 'adding to the fun' :D

It's funny when you see people get mixed up because of misinterpretation, sometimes it can go badly wrong (Said from experience!) :D

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Some people are more highly strung Len and often ,the wit goes over the top :D

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Some people are more highly strung Len and often ,the wit goes over the top :D

Thanx for recognising :thumbsup:

..…um, ref the ‘highly strung’ bit….Although it pains me to say this, you obviously haven’t met me…..Hey ho, I know my faults :D......But I do see most 'Wit', it's just the 'Dry Wit' I miss every so often :wink:

All the best,

Len :g:

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Without going too much off topic Nigel also had copies of Duke Browner before anyone I knew.

think you,ll find it,s a dave rivers discovery............ :thumbsup::)

Social source share

they were all in it together back then

Not really Pete, I think we all smiled at each other but didn't trust anyone as far as you could throw them. Nigel Martin's connections

were far ahead of anybody else's, apart from Ian's I guess. A pal of mine had a relationship with a record shop in LA and he'd supply

just one copy of most records he'd ask for, only demos though including I might add a mint demo of Hit & Run.................................................

If we only knew then what we know now :(

Social source share

jeez, £7.690.00 now and just short of seven days left, must make £10,000

I think you could be right !! :ohmy: But be honest no record is worth that, I mean for that kind of money you could cover yourself in Philippine hookers

for 6 years !!..........er allegedly..............

Mind you seeing what it does to a dance floor....................................

Edited by Chris L
Social source share

I think you could be right !! :ohmy: But be honest no record is worth that, I mean for that kind of money you could cover yourself in Philippine hookers

Mind you seeing what it does to a dance floor....................................

But the euphoria of the record would last longer than 6yr and you wouldn't need to visit the clap clinic ..or send money to extended family members of Eddie Parker :)

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Quite a few records are worth £10k

Social source share

I've worked it out ...but as Steve G says ...ffs google it .it only takes about 5 minutes :D

Not sure what you mean about Googling it Nev but as far as I know, this has nothing to do with the website of the same name or the owners of it or whatever..if thats what you meant

Social source share

Not sure what you mean about Googling it Nev but as far as I know, this has nothing to do with the website of the same name or the owners of it or whatever..if thats what you meant

Google doesn't just bring up that company .

It brings up his old account on here ,which has been closed .

Also a YouTube clip which pays tribute to soulsource ,a possible hint to his recent username..etc etc ..but to be honest it's neither here nor there is it ?

Understand the interest in the auction / price etc ,but there are plenty of copies up and down the country getting played by enough dj's ,so who is buying or winning the bid at the moment is not really that important or even interesting is it ?

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Google doesn't just bring up that company .

It brings up his old account on here ,which has been closed .

Also a YouTube clip which pays tribute to soulsource ,a possible hint to his recent username..etc etc ..but to be honest it's neither here nor there is it ?

Understand the interest in the auction / price etc ,but there are plenty of copies up and down the country getting played by enough dj's ,so who is buying or winning the bid at the moment is not really that important or even interesting is it ?

Not now you know.

Regards

Social source share

I had the Billy Sharae version in about 72/73, bought from a cart on Gt Windmill Street......I liked it until I heard the EP version and realised it was shite :P

I missed out on one john had up about 4 years ago. it went for (I think) £3`012 (Thats 3 thou and 12 pounds not sure if I typed it correct :rofl: )

The idea was when I was on treatment and couldn't work I would offload it in a year or so and make a couple of grand to live off. I only had 3 grand left on my card and missed it by 12 quid. I was sort of sad that I missed it and glad I hadn't shot my bolt.

Best NS 45 on the planet and if I had 10 grand to blow away I would snap this one up!! :hatsoff2:

Edited by Guest
Social source share

Well Tony, if 10k plus GBP or whatever the final bid will be wont tempt another copy out of Mr Ashfords collection I am sure we can all assume he aint having one left..

I love the record, but when you consider how much you got the Milton James for Marc............... :g: mmmmmm.......the strange world of northern soul.

Social source share

I love the record, but when you consider how much you got the Milton James for Marc............... :g: mmmmmm.......the strange world of northern soul.

and that was already double to what what the owner he himself had to pay for MJ...... But I have accepted since long that rarity really is not the main factor when it comes to the value of a record. so much to take into concideration: how many know the 45, what sort of kudos does it carry, whats the dmeand, who`s selling it, where is he selling it and using which words to advertise it, what time (of the year..serious), whos taking pat of teh auction, etc it all adds up to = the indeed very strange world of NS :wink:

Social source share

Spot on Marc, and this is the whole problem with people paying a lot of cash for records

Ah well such is life I suppose!!

It's an obvious statement though and the facts are that the record has to be indemand in the first place for people to wanna pay a lot for it ?

As already said on here and just about every thread about expensive records on this forum ,they were all cheap when they were unknown .

Stories about Butch picking up Wiliam Cummings and other records that weren't considered right at the time etc ..

Even on this thread we can see how " love you baby " was more desirable in the 70's .

The rest is just par to the course ..supply and DEMAND ...the latter outstripping the former :(

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!