O'jays Just Another Guy Issued On 45?

Paulmc

• Replies 9
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Just listening to the OJays Live LP

Was the track Just Another Guy ever issued on a single?

Would appriciate if anyone knows

Cheers

Sadly not :(

I have one of the lp's but recall it is also on another ?

Worst still ,it's a live performance with the applause at the start .

Social source share

Sadly not :(

I have one of the lp's but recall it is also on another ?

Worst still ,it's a live performance with the applause at the start .

Fake live album 'on top'. Studio real sessions with fake 'live effects' blended/mixed' in between every songs. Was trendy to do so I guess. Indeed shame to spoil it as such. But great LP still. Timothy Wilson 45 on Budha otherwise. Cheers, Tim

Social source share

Great track from the "Live" (but not really live :D ) LP on MFP Music For Pleasure, but never a single as far as I know.

I remember getting the LP from a local 2nd hand shop for not much more than 50p with a few others like it, then not playing it for many years, only to then "re-discover" it after seeing the this track on one of Mr Hampsey's "They Call it Crossover" CD compilations a year or so ago.

It is a real shame about the fake cheering at the start and end, but I forgive them as it was a long time ago :thumbsup:

Cheers, Steve.

Social source share

Originally from their Bell LP "Back on top", the same LP was then re-released by Bell as "The O'Jays" in circa 69/70. Then issued again in about 74 on MFP, and 76 on Kory. Looks like the tracks owners were trying to cash in the O'Jays popularity. Superb album in my opinion, although the dubbed on "live" noises is a little off-putting.

"Just another guy" was LP only as far as I am aware. The original studio version (undubbed) didn't see the light until the aforementioned Sundazed CD "I'll be sweeter tomorrow, the Bell sessions" in about '02.

The song was co-wriiten & produced by sweet soul legend George Kerr.

PS. I swear we've had this question before btw.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert