Litte Help On This One Please

Billywhizz

Guest wazzette

the label is two shades of green, im not to sure who its by, the track is 'you only live once'. any idea what sorta price its going for? much appreciated, cheers Billy.

its imperial wonders billy.

Social source share

Guest trickbag

• Price:

• $42.57 USD

[*]Start Date: December 25, 2012

[*]End Date: January 01, 2013

[*]Bids: 9

[*]Seller Feedback: 886

[*]Buyer Feedback: 802

230902199019.jpg

NORTHERN SOUL - ORIGINAL - IMPERIAL WONDERS - YOU LIVE ONLY ONCE - SOLID FOUNDATION RECORDS

GUARANTEED ORIGINAL OF THIS MECCA HIGHLAND ROOM BIGGIE. THIS HAS TO FIGURE IN EVERYONES TOP 20 MECCA SOUNDS OF ALL TIME.

this one sold a couple of weeks ago

and it was cheap.

ricky.

Social source share

Aren't there lookalike boots of this that Billy may need to be aware of.

ROD

I'd heard this too but have not seen one (unless mine is and I don't know that :D:glare: )

Green / black label as opposed to green / brown? Or is there another easy way to know which is which?

Steve

Social source share

I've got a boot here that my mate dumped. Molded label. Vinyl. As Pikey says good quality label.

Run out groove has LBM 101 ARS scratched in.

Pretty sure boots were done around time mid 70's.

ROD

Well that fits the description of one I picked up from an established ebay seller about 2 yrs ago which was described as "original" and priced as such. :glare:

Oh well, I still love it, and if that is the case, the sound quality is indeed superb. :thumbsup:

Anyone else been caught out on this or can give any more info on what differentiates an original?

Thanks, Steve.

Social source share

A Similar debate on here a couple of years back and I'm still none the wiser! :D

The one I'm looking at in my hands now is green / brown and as per Rod's description above (molded label, vinyl, matrix "LBM 101 ARS", also with "Stereo" and another "AR" in the same run out groove), so unless anyone can tell me any different I think it's okay afterall?

Thanks.

Edited by 71 Steve
Social source share

Brilliant record and don't see it come up much but guessing £50-£75ish?

I recently heard this alternative version by Rock'n Co which seems to be rarer / more expensive, but I prefer Imperial Wonders as it's much more uplifting to my ears. :thumbsup:

hi steve, u r right, prefer imperial wonders cheers billy,
Social source share

NO "Stereo" or AR in the runout on this copy here.

ROD

That's strange then Rod. Are you looking at the green / brown one like in the photo further up this thread?

Anyone else checking theirs tonight and have anything more to say on this one?! :g:

Thanks for opening a can of worms on this great record Billy! :D

Steve

Social source share

That's strange then Rod. Are you looking at the green / brown one like in the photo further up this thread?

Anyone else checking theirs tonight and have anything more to say on this one?! :g:

Thanks for opening a can of worms on this great record Billy! :D

Steve

steve the one i saw, im 100% that was 4 wonders. billy
Social source share

steve the one i saw, im 100% that was 4 wonders. billy

Four Wonders did also have a release on the same Solid Foundation label Billy..."Just looking for my love", but not sure if there was also maybe a label misprint as sometimes happened.

Let's see what anyone else has to say on this. If nothing else it reminds us what a great record the Imperial Wonders is.

Off topic I know, but I also love Imperial Wonders release "Trying to get to you" on Black Prince. Well worth a listen.

Social source share

Thanks Rod. So unless anyone can add anything more, they look and sound exactly the same but one has "stereo" and AR" in the run out and the other does not. So which one is the original issue, for what it's worth knowing, or are we all past caring as they both look and sound so good?!

If no replies then please Billy lock this thread and I'll sleep easy knowing what I paid for mine was about right whilst Rod still tries to get even with his mate who sold him a wrong 'un!

Steve

Social source share

Actually Steve it was my mate who bought it. He's just dumped it here along with his record collection.

He got it from a mutual mate and all three of us kinda concur it could be the boot.

Im not sure what green/black copies are. This looks brown to me but then I did fail some kinda green/red test at school after which I think they said I was colour blind. Im not sure about that either. I can tell the difference between a strawberry and a lawn !

I dont know if when 45s were put out in Stereo it said that on actual label as well as runout groove. I do have odd 45 that says Stereo on label [like Patti Austin "....Word" and Billups on Helpp] but have no idea if that means most 45s were done in mono. What I mean if Stereo in grooves,how come it doesn't say that on label as well.

Boba may know more about that kinda thing. Unfortunately topic is locked now so you cant reply unless Billy unlocks. I just abused my position as Sales mod to get the last word in.

Im still confused.

ROD

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Actually Steve it was my mate who bought it. He's just dumped it here along with his record collection.

He got it from a mutual mate and all three of us kinda concur it could be the boot.

Im not sure what green/black copies are. This looks brown to me but then I did fail some kinda green/red test at school after which I think they said I was colour blind. Im not sure about that either. I can tell the difference between a strawberry and a lawn !

I dont know if when 45s were put out in Stereo it said that on actual label as well as runout groove. I do have odd 45 that says Stereo on label [like Patti Austin "....Word" and Billups on Helpp] but have no idea if that means most 45s were done in mono. What I mean if Stereo in grooves,how come it doesn't say that on label as well.

Boba may know more about that kinda thing. Unfortunately topic is locked now so you cant reply unless Billy unlocks. I just abused my position as Sales mod to get the last word in.

Im still confused.

ROD

sorry about that lads,
Social source share

I think Sebastian dark brown may be more apt but as I said I was diagnosed as colour blind. I've been holding label against black items in my flat and it doesn't appear to match.

However I have noticed that on your scan of boot and my boot here if you look at darker part of label the lines are not as well defined and esp third line from right which has a break in it.

Shows that on your boot scan and my boot so I guess its same for all. If you look at original lines are continuous.

ROD

Social source share

At the risk of confusing matters, i've had average funk tracks (9th street exit?) with black and green labels. Could the black and greens here just be later official pressings? Why would a £50 tune get booted? And if you're going to boot it, why use the wrong colour ink?

Social source share

• 3 weeks later...

Top tune Billy love, I've got an original stone minter, unplayed, if you're in the market for one. 50 nicker. I don't usually sell records as you know, but three small children whose father pays no child support are forcing some sales lately :( Drop me a line pet x

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!