John Bowie - Info

Guest Johnny Mack

Guest Johnny Mack

Anyone out there got any background history and a discography on John Bowie ?

I have releases on Merben and Chante, and understand that there was a release on Phil LA of Soul as Little John Bowie.

Great singer........................ whistling.gif

Take care

John

Social source share

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest Soul Sid

Hi all, for some strange reason ive got it in my head that John Bowie- Youre vGonna Miss A good Thing came out on the Swan lable as well as Merben. Can anyone tell me if it did or not? Cheers. Sid :wicked:

Social source share

I thought he was Johnny Henley of My baby came out of nowhere fame

[

/quote]

Pinkard and Hendley wrote "Cant get over.." and "My baby came..." backs up your point and I also recall reading Hendley was John of the Weirdest.

Correct me if I'm wrong but John Bowie recording out of Philly and I thought John & Weirdest and Johnny Hendley recordings were West Coast. Ray Jackson, who arranged "My baby came...", certainly credited on a number of West Coast 45's I've got.

As far as Jonh Bowie being lead on Inspirations Breakthrough 45, I had thier lead down as Charles Diamond but cannot remember where I got that from !

Social source share

you sure about this? thought i read somewhere they were a white garage group?

The quote was from a credible source. I thought there may be some doubters as I typed it, so I save it to faves. But that was at home. Being ear-oled at work for the work I am not doing, will have to wait till I get home I'm afraid. Less I can find it at lunch time. :(

Social source share

https://www.zen18551.zen.co.uk/Records.htm

John Bowie - Your gonna miss a good thing (baby) This is another that you don't come across everyday, a mid tempo piece of magic, with a great baritone sax, popping up now and then. Good vocals from John Bowie, who later went on to become John and the Weirdest ( of "Can't get over these memories" fame) thanks to Tony Coleby for that. Very catchy drift to it, that has you singing it all day. If seen it should be around £200

Social source share

The Charles Diamond version was a re-recording in 1977.

I always thought that it was a re-recording of a track he'd sang lead on in the 60s. Happy to stand corrected if that's not the case :(

Either way he was in the Sunlovers, which makes him top banana in my book.

Godz

ps - sorry for clumsy mixed metaphor. I don't have a book of bananas - it's a case.

Oh hang on, that's measles...

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

I still reckon it's really David Bowie !! You listen closely to 'Your Gonna Miss A Good Thing' :(

You crazy dude.

He is Jilted John Bowie

I've been going out with a girl, her name is Julie

But even tho she don't love me no more, baby baby baby bbbaaabbbyyy

He's a poof, she's a slag, yeah yeah, its not fair.

Edited by in town Mikey
Social source share

You crazy dude.

He is Jilted John Bowie

I've been going out with a girl, her name is Julie

But even tho she don't love me no more, baby baby baby bbbaaabbbyyy

He's a poof, she's a slag, yeah yeah, its not fair.

:lol: Now that was a classic Mikey !! up there with Spizzenergie !!

:lol: Stranger things have happened though & let's remember David was Saxophonist in some R&B bands early on !!

Close your eyes, picture 'The Thin White Duke' & then listen to 'Your Gonna Miss A Good Thing' :(

John_Bowie_MP3.MP3

Edited by B-side-B
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert