Whats Your 3 Most Hated Tunes

cant think of my other two yet but I'd have to have that godawful instumental of 'do I love you', as played to a large extent in the 8ts, think i had the misfortune to hear at a soul night recently. does anyone know who its by? so I can properly bitch about how bad it is.

Social source share

cant think of my other two yet but I'd have to have that godawful instumental of 'do I love you', as played to a large extent in the 8ts, think i had the misfortune to hear at a soul night recently. does anyone know who its by? so I can properly bitch about how bad it is.

oh yeah no 2 is 'tribute' without a doubt, i love house and garage but this is a terrible example of both!

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest scottie

Hate is probably too strong a word but three songs which i regard as three major irritants are

1.case of tyme-manifesto

2.world column-so is the sun

3.the autumn of your tomorrow-the crow

Social source share

Hate is probably too strong a word but three songs which i regard as three major irritants are

1.case of tyme-manifesto

2.world column-so is the sun

3.the autumn of your tomorrow-the crow

You never did like 70's did you? :D

Like you said, hate's a strong word, but I just can't listen to these 3:

Exciters - Reaching For The Best

Mistura - The Flasher

Evelyn Thomas - Weak Spot

Social source share

You never did like 70's did you? :D

Like you said, hate's a strong word, but I just can't listen to these 3:

Exciters - Reaching For The Best

Mistura - The Flasher

Evelyn Thomas - Weak Spot

Jesus, that list takes some beating......

1....The Casuleers is still in my room 101 list... How would i want to f"cking DANCE DANCE DANCE :shhh:

2....One wonderful moment... That would the second this shite ends....

3.... Nick nack give that Paddy a Wack....

Many more worse than this i guess but that will do for now....

ps... That seven day fool, ooooooooooooh it hurts my ears so much but loved by many....

Edited by little-stevie
Social source share

Ah mate that's a f*cking brilliant song!

Pete its friggin sheeite it actually gives me an instant headache and makes me physically feel sick whenever I hear it played it affects me that much I have to go to the toilet

Social source share

here we go i think this topic must have been done loads of time but here goes

my three

queen of fools

do i love you indeed i do

house for sale

sorry but they drive me mad make its a good job i smoke great excuse to go for one

good choice i was thinking 2 as i was coming onto the page
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

You're being silly now

Sadly not I just don't understand any appeal for this tune, its boring, bland, dire, and its about a pair of frigging shoes, I suppose the fact its about a pair of shoes it has some relevance to SOUL but apart from that should be banished to the should never be played again graveyard ....

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Sadly not I just don't understand any appeal for this tune, its boring, bland, dire, and its about a pair of frigging shoes, I suppose the fact its about a pair of shoes it has some relevance to SOUL but apart from that should be banished to the should never be played again graveyard ....

Yeah, ya got that bit right :D

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Lucky Charms / Tied to your heart....... any one who plays this should be shot......

Bob and Fred... seriously, just listen to the vocals...

Mellow Souls.. how much ? it's so rare because it is just noise.....

Edited by Awake 502
Social source share

I always thought it was "Johnny Beggs" home recording with a stylophone :ohmy: :ohmy:

Edited by spook
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest the dukester

You see with all the comments so far its a good job we all like something different..You lot should get together with all the records you hate and have a smashing soul night. :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest bleusuperb

Lady in green x3

Maybe if i listened to it at x3 the speed it would sound better, actually no maybe about it, it would sound better.

Social source share

Bobby Paris was in a really bad way when they found him for TSWONS, poor bugger. I wonder what he was like in his prime though. Can't deny that his records have been huge on the scene, going right back to the early era. PER-SO-NA_LLY used get my teenage feet going though, and of course we're told by the old sages that that was no need for a shit filter at Hose Street, unlike that dump in Station Road. What street was the Cats based in?

Social source share

Bobby Paris was in a really bad way when they found him for TSWONS, poor bugger. I wonder what he was like in his prime though. Can't deny that his records have been huge on the scene, going right back to the early era. PER-SO-NA_LLY used get my teenage feet going though, and of course we're told by the old sages that that was no need for a shit filter at Hose Street, unlike that dump in Station Road. What street was the Cats based in?

Temple Street. Walked right past the place today. There's a huge DHSS building there now.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

As lots have said, hate is too strong a word, but 3 that leave me cold are:

I`m you pimp skull snaps.....just too strange

Fickle finger of fate Bernard Purdie..... Russ Conway meets the philly strings

The Joker any version!!!

But Soul is a broad church and I wouldn`t deny others the right to play these....out of my earshot!

Dave Banks

Social source share

I didn't realise he was very unwell at the time,so appologise if i was inconsiderate. Sincerely, Carl.

Social source share

The Larue - Lada Edmonds Junior.

Big in Wigan in '74, everybody loved it; I seemed to be the only person that hated it.

I still hate it today.

The Right Track - Billy Butler.

Another popular one with many. I just don't get it - gets me off the floor straight away.

You Get Your Kicks - Mitch Ryder - Not my idea of a Soul record.

Edited by Soulsaddler
Social source share

Consider me bullet ridden!

Lucky Charms / Tied to your heart....... any one who plays this should be shot......

Bob and Fred... seriously, just listen to the vocals...

Mellow Souls.. how much ? it's so rare because it is just noise.....

Social source share

Guest scottie

all in my all time top 20, most loved, lol!

geeselad as someone said earlier i may not like em but i wouldnt deny you the right to play em loud.a`the best pal
Social source share

As lots have said, hate is too strong a word, but 3 that leave me cold are:

I`m you pimp skull snaps.....just too strange

Fickle finger of fate Bernard Purdie..... Russ Conway meets the philly strings

The Joker any version!!!

But Soul is a broad church and I wouldn`t deny others the right to play these....out of my earshot!

Dave Banks

Don,t agree with Skullsnaps Dave, brilliant black record made for black people unlike some of the tailor made pop shit that has been rightly mentioned on this thread

Kev

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!