Shawn Robinson - My Dear Heart - Issue Or Demo ?

Chris L

In my experience the issue was always harder to find and more expensive. I see in the Wants ads

that a buyer was willing to pay more for a demo. Over the last 14 years I've bought and sold about

10 demos but only ever found 1 issue that I sold for a lot more than the demos.

post-4408-0-17818400-1357490555_thumb.jppost-4408-0-39090000-1357490560_thumb.jp

Am I right or am I right ?

:wicked:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I've seen a lot more of the DJ issues, and a LOT more of my searching was in USA (during the '60s) than in UK (during '70s and '80s). So, I'm guessing that there may have been less store stock actually pressed, or that the unsold store stock left at distributors was destroyed.

Social source share

I've seen a lot more of the DJ issues, and a LOT more of my searching was in USA (during the '60s) than in UK (during '70s and '80s). So, I'm guessing that there may have been less store stock actually pressed, or that the unsold store stock left at distributors was destroyed.

Minit went bust, wonder how close this was to that moment ?

Social source share

Issues are definitely rarer, and on vinyl too, demos on both vinyl and styrene.

agree with tony, lucky to have picked up the "vinyl" issue a few years back.

is there interest in this 45 at present? as it seems to be in sales/wants etc lately?

also noticed a demo went on ebay a while back for stupid money.....

Social source share

agree with tony, lucky to have picked up the "vinyl" issue a few years back.

is there interest in this 45 at present? as it seems to be in sales/wants etc lately?

also noticed a demo went on ebay a while back for stupid money.....

It's more a question of only the top sounds now selling at decent prices and if you play this at a venue it'll get 'em dancing for sure.

Social source share

Been after a 'proper' copy for a few years now and finally got one. Black issue !! Always assumed the Demo was harder to find but quite happy now that I managed to get the issue.

Never played my old copy as it was a BOOT !! but now it will get plenty of air. Quality track that seems to have fallen by the way side over the years. Time for a resurrection.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

A source gives this a release date of December 1966. Depends how close that is to when Minit went under.

Shawn Robinson at 32013 is low down in the 32000 series which ended with 32097 in 1970

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!