World’S #1 Northern Soul Dj … ?

in butches case it does

Happy New Year Trev...

I didn't say that was the case as far as Butch goes but I know of quite a few folks with enviable collections who couldn't even put a sentence together let alone an hour's DJ set with meaningful banter in-between :thumbsup:

Steve

Social source share

Do you think the thread should read Favourite,rather than No1

Old up, it's Morris Saatchi!

I agree with Steve G and don't sell yourself too short with the 'uncatchable' Steve, I remember John mentioning your collection in the next breath to Butch's on this very site in recent years.

I'm Spartacus, and my wife.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Guest tommymac

No idea who it is, but they should brek new recotrds, whilst keeping the dancefloor busy (that is their job) and be able to do it with rarities and tunes which are cheap as chips.

that certainly wouldnt happen in my kneck of the woods, lol so the worlds no1 dj cant be from west cumbria. so that should help narrow the search.
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Surely the Worlds No1 DJ has to be found at the worlds No1 allnighter..... :wicked:

no.......quantity is never ajoined to quality......stoke is about quantity butch is about quality though he needs to be pushed from time to time to really see him at his best

Social source share

no.......quantity is never ajoined to quality......stoke is about quantity butch is about quality though he needs to be pushed from time to time to really see him at his best

I'll aim a little lower next time then Gordon.... :lol:

Social source share

Who's butch?

Is someone having an early April fool?

i dont think you get it do you. :g: ......theres actually people who only go to the local `handbag` do`s, are not on here, dont travel anywhere and dont progress musically..or if they do its at a snails pace so the likes of butch they never encounter.i was talking to an old mate who returned some years ago after being` into it` in the 70`s..but has not moved on much and when i mentioned butch he shook his head..but he`s not alone..i think there`s lots of them

Social source share

IMO, It's a pretty stupid thread - come on, the worlds number 1 northern DJ!

Next we'll be having the best record ever played and the worst record ever played

Again in my opinion, (and agreeing with agent smith earlier), there have been 2 people who through the years have been totally and utterly untouchable when it comes to always playing quality rare danceable soul - and they are butch and Richard searling

Butch has been consistent since I first heard him in the mid 80's (and no doubt before) and although Richard does seem to drift in and out a little, I have no doubt that he probably still has many unknowns etc just waiting to be played

The other person worth a mention in John Anderson, as without him, i doubt if we wouldn't even have this type of forum - he has brought to us the best discoveries imaginable through the years

As I say, all this is only my opinion, and does not take anything away from other that I rate highly who have influenced our scene immensely - keb, guy, dave thorley, robin salter, Ady crosdale, etc. etc.

But I'm afraid it's butch, Richard and John Anderson for me that will go down in the history books as top class indeed

Jim

• Helpful 2
Social source share

Dave

I get it

I was only referring to the earlier thread from someone who was posting "who's butch"

I do know many of the people you are referring to though, but if your on here, surely you know butch!

Jim

this is true....he`s on here and should post up more imo...lets face it if you take any notice and are remotely forward thinkin you would have heard of the likes of him. but sadly theres plenty out there that are not like that

for the record your top 3 as far as influence go are my top 3 :thumbsup:

Edited by dave pinch
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

Dave

I get it

I was only referring to the earlier thread from someone who was posting "who's butch"

I do know many of the people you are referring to though, but if your on here, surely you know butch!

Jim

He was being 'Ironical' mate.

All the best,

Len :thumbsup:

Social source share

this is true....he`s on here and should post up more imo...

Personally, I think that would be a terrible thing for him to do, there’s a lot to be said for ‘keeping your own council’……Bit like myself - Ahem :D

All the best,

Edited by LEN
Social source share

Guest gordon russell

Dave

I get it

Jim

cor blimey......it,s hard sometimes......

Social source share

Guest sharmo 1

Who's butch?

Is someone having an early April fool?

Butch has alway's been one of my fave dj's and a great conversationalist , socialy aware and free thinker , it is amazing how many soul night folk don't know him or his style/spots.Recently a guy at willington asked who he was , i just couldn't believe it. regards Simon.

Social source share

IMO, It's a pretty stupid thread - come on, the worlds number 1 northern DJ!

Although not the most exciting thread it's not 'stupid'.. What I believe the poster may be alluding to is JM's dubious assertion that there is such a thing as "the worlds number 1 northern DJ"

There are certainly a group of what are generally considered top DJ's and people with amazing collections but I doubt Butch would be arsed about claiming any such title or even the accolade from JM. Basically, just the usual sales pitch that JM's employs which, imho, I find interesting and humorous at the same time :rofl:

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Personally, I think that would be a terrible thing for him to do, there’s a lot to be said for ‘keeping your own council’……Bit like myself - Ahem :D

All the best,

I agree. I've seen his few posts, but I must say his self control is phenonmenal considering the amount of times his name is mentioned on here.

I can't keep my gob shut and no one gives a toss who I am. :lol:

Social source share

Butch has alway's been one of my fave dj's and a great conversationalist , socialy aware and free thinker , it is amazing how many soul night folk don't know him or his style/spots.Recently a guy at willington asked who he was , i just couldn't believe it. regards Simon.

Yes, you would think that most people involved with some aspect of the scene would at least know of Butch

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!