Ebay And Bootlegs, What Can Be Done?

Guest Soulatthedale

Without wanting to go over old ground, i had a large amount of records stolen, many of which were advertised for sale on e bay, and i am in the middle of taking the seller to private court action Despite me sending e bay messages about them advertising stolen items i didnt get a reply. I have also sent them numerous messages about bootlegs for sale, but again no reply.

Social source share

Without wanting to go over old ground, i had a large amount of records stolen, many of which were advertised for sale on e bay, and i am in the middle of taking the seller to private court action Despite me sending e bay messages about them advertising stolen items i didnt get a reply. I have also sent them numerous messages about bootlegs for sale, but again no reply.

you should have at least called ebay if your personal stolen items were for sale, they won't respond to messages

Social source share

dont think you will ever stop them, i've reported loads of them and ebay aren't interested, a good way to fcuk these sellers up is to find listings of these recent boots where they dont state that they are re-issues, buy a couple then claim your money back through paypal stating the item was not as described, paypal / ebay always side with the buyer, get your refund but dont send them back.....worked for me...two copys of the recent mello souls boot are now residing down at the local landfill site

also, when the abusive / threatening messages appear in your ebay mail box, you can report them to ebay and get them chucked off ebay

Edited by trev thomas
Social source share

so long as its marked up as such i done mind the selling of old bootlegs....the original bootlegger has long since made his money and the owner is just selling on secondhand goods...i can also understand ebay not knowing or having the time to check if every item is/was legit...

the pages of mint, so obviously, newly made bootlegs is a different matter....

dean

Social source share

Guest RobCroskell

what i do to at least reduce some of the buy it now new boots, is i exclude certain sellers from my advanced search, also exclude the word "outta" its not perfect but it reduces the number of crap being displayed.

Edited by RobCroskell
Social source share

you should have at least called ebay if your personal stolen items were for sale, they won't respond to messages

Have you got a phone number for them? We have been looking for a phone number for a human being at eBay for ages for something unrelated to this and can't find one for the life of us...

Social source share

Have you got a phone number for them? We have been looking for a phone number for a human being at eBay for ages for something unrelated to this and can't find one for the life of us...

Try searching in help for something like identity theft and I think you'll find a number, otherwise you spend weeks following dead ends trying to find one

Social source share

I think personally this should start here on SS. I dont buy boots but I do get peed off trawling through lists on here of boots etc for sale. Like Diddie earlier I dont care but I prefer to stick with my own values.

Maybe a seperate heading for BOOTS Sales on here would be a good starting point. Just my personal thoughts. I get it that people earn a living and I dont have a problem with that. It just bugs me when I see a heading including something I want then it turns out not to be in the format I want.

Happy New Year everyone.

Regards

Steve

• Helpful 1
Social source share

You have to go through their labyrinth that is customer support, eventually (if you are obtuse enough) you will get the options "Phone Chat or email" (possibly not all of them). I've done it when some dope bought a collection only item, didn't want to collect but then paid :hypo: . I ended up with a phone number to discuss my options and they were actually very helpful.

https://pages.ebay.com/help/account/contact-customer-support.html

Social source share

I think personally this should start here on SS. I dont buy boots but I do get peed off trawling through lists on here of boots etc for sale. Like Diddie earlier I dont care but I prefer to stick with my own values.

Maybe a seperate heading for BOOTS Sales on here would be a good starting point. Just my personal thoughts. I get it that people earn a living and I dont have a problem with that. It just bugs me when I see a heading including something I want then it turns out not to be in the format I want.

Happy New Year everyone.

Regards

Steve

Think that's the ticket, perhaps its wrong to suggest that bootlegs don't have a place, some of them are collectable in their own right. Personally I just think that they should be labelled as such and easy to spot and not cluttering up legitimate sales. I'm sure I've let many an ebay bargain slip through my hands "whats this? nah, too cheap, too clean, must be a boot"

Could soul source have its own auction section? I'm not sure how hard it is to implement, so apologies if its loads of work! :)

Social source share

Now getting abusive message on Facebook about shouting my mouth off on here- I kid you not - Name of person Pete Jones- heres his latest comment below!

Pete Jones

why run your mouth off on soul source without putting your real name up, don't pay you get a non payers strike. your message on soul source and proper name have been passed on to ebay!! Also Trev thomas tells lies he has not bought a copy of the mello souls and had a refund, what a div. You need to grow up and get a life son. What do i do in the NHS, Psychiatric and mental health nursing, you could benifit from my services lol.

I replied telling him to go F+++ himself and as he is a Psychiatiric nurse that he should take a tranquiliser. :lol:

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!