I'll Take 2 At This Price, Such A Snip

Guest Andy Kempster

What he's obvioulsy done here is hit the 3 on his keyboard instead of the decimal point. They are right next to each other.

Just had a look at his "other items".

Why on earth do I bother collecting real records?

A related problem is that a growing number of "DJ's" proudly stand behind the decks with shite like this. Keeping it real playing actual proper vinyl. :dash2:

Makes my effing blood boil.

Stick by your guns mate, there are plenty who still play 'real' records, though a minority these days, it seems.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

But it should matter.

If you allow/play boots then you may as well just allow people to use a laptop with mp3's.

If that's what the night is about then so be it, each to their own. But to me if you're DJ'ing then even the most played out of played out oldies should be on original vinyl. End of!

Absolutely Phil.

Social source share

But it should matter.

If you allow/play boots then you may as well just allow people to use a laptop with mp3's.

If that's what the night is about then so be it, each to their own. But to me if you're DJ'ing then even the most played out of played out oldies should be on original vinyl. End of!

phild,

Sorry-I was being ironic.I assumed people might get my drift(I did qualify by saying not my sentiments) and my emoticons aren`t working at the moment.

Peter99,

It`s the one entitled "Are youngsters coming through"?

Social source share

Can I just point out that there is no 'original' 45 of this record from the 60's hence the numerous boots of it, and if thats all you can play it off then so be it

exactly.

What record is it by the way~?

Social source share

that 1st pressing that came out 20 years ago ..the one that looks like a white label advance test pressing sold on ebay for over $100 the other day..plenty o bids on it,, they were £20 to buy.brand new. i got one and bought a mint dottie and millie on topper off same guy (dave appleyard) for £10

Social source share

But it should matter.

This is what occured to me a long time ago - what is the difference between playing a boot or an mp3? I see many fliers stating that the music at some event is on '100% vinyl'. For me there is one word missing - 'original'. I agree it's everyone to there own, and I wouldn't slag off, or even refuse to visit, a venue where I know boots are played, but I don't see why CDs or mp3s would be banned at such places.

I believe there are occasions when there is no alternative but to leave the vinyl at home. Normally I only play OV, and at a bona fide soul do that is absolutely the case, but I also play fairly handbaggy nights in pubs that may last for 4 hours or more. I can't cover all the requests I'll get with any sort of vinyl, original or otherwise, so I take my laptop. The punters know what's going on and don't mind, so long as I can play pretty much anything they might ask for. If the punters are happy, the pub is happy. Strictly, I may be denying my own stated position on OV, but sometimes circumstances dictate a more pragmatic approach.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Garry Huxley

What he's obvioulsy done here is hit the 3 on his keyboard instead of the decimal point. They are right next to each other.

Just had a look at his "other items".

Why on earth do I bother collecting real records?

A related problem is that a growing number of "DJ's" proudly stand behind the decks with shite like this. Keeping it real playing actual proper vinyl. :dash2:

Makes my effing blood boil.

This has gotta be a mistake surely no one is stupid enough to bid,ore they????????
Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!