Jive Turkey

Guest catface

Guest catface

Hi there everyone. Many years ago I used to go to a night called Jive Turkey which I think was either in Leeds or Sheffield at the Town Hall and I wondered if anyone else remembers it? They had various different rooms playing Northern and Jazz Fusion etc. I used to go with a crowd from Bedford. Would love to know if anyone else went there.

Social source share

• Replies 4
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Guest ShaneH

Hi there everyone. Many years ago I used to go to a night called Jive Turkey which I think was either in Leeds or Sheffield at the Town Hall and I wondered if anyone else remembers it? They had various different rooms playing Northern and Jazz Fusion etc. I used to go with a crowd from Bedford. Would love to know if anyone else went there.

before my time whistling.gif but i think this was at the city hall in sheffield. (late 80s i think?)

seeing my mate tonight who will know for deffo.

Shane

Social source share

The wife here, jive Turkey was at sheffield city hall

lesley singleton , adrian guite, karen mchugh. all regulars from the Northern scene

New Years Eve was a bit funny, they would not even bring in the New year at 12 o clock !!

Great Music 70s/modern amoungst the play list

Social source share

Guest realsoulfan

I remember the name Jive Turkey in the mid to late 80's, there was 2 DJ's who was really into there jazz Fusion 1 named winston hazel alias mongoose and the other was called parrot not sure of where the venue was but it was definately in sheffield.

Social source share

Guest Awake 502

Held quite a few in the old Samanthas / Stars building ... Got a membership card somewhere, early ones were just word of mouth advertising and always packed.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert