Candi Staton The Source You Got The Love 12"

Mike Shawe

This was originally a white label out of Eastern Bloc in Manchester, got played to death on the house scene, and the rest is History as they say... I'd ask around Manchester area as the original cut was the best by far. it's likely living in old collections...

Sold my White Label years ago, wish I hadn't now..

mal

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Hi Mike,

got a 7" on Morgan Khan's Streetwave label of the first and original 1986 cut - if interested. The Source feat. Candi Station. As you requested the 12" as a priority, could you be tempted to the 45.

Nick.

Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

This was originally a white label out of Eastern Bloc in Manchester........................... Originally Not !!

mal

Remixed and revamped for the house scene a whole lot "later" than the "original 1986 USA Source 12" release". The edited 1986 Streetwave cut - UK charted and CS and The Source even made TOTP PA.

Making the white label and Sasha claiming to own the original version - years later a close second.

Hammered to death more by Sky Sports as a theme tune.

:D

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Guest Nick Harrison

Nick, it's the long version I need, guessing that's not on the 45?

Mike,

the 45 Radio Edit lasts just over 4 mins - so maybe not then !

Edited by Nick Harrison
Social source share

Remixed and revamped for the house scene later than the original 1986. This original 86 cut - UK charted and CS and The Source even made TOTP PA.

Hammered to death more by Sky Sports as a theme tune.

dunno what you actually mean there mate, but he Uk chart release was not the original mix of this track, Sasha and others played it off the White label, which deffo emanated out of Eastern Bloc, I know this cause I bought it from there as it was getting its first plays... I'd think the 12' is pretty hard these days but not impossible. The chart release with the red poppy on the front was an inferior mix..

Mal.C

Edited by Mal.C.
Social source share

I have a 12" version produced by Paul Simpson listed as Musical Freedom (You Got The Love Mix) feat Candi Staton. Not bad. It is on the same disc as Walk Away From Love by Anthony White, his vocals are great, it's just a shame that Gamble & Huff didn't provide the backing LOL.

You beat me to it but surely the Paul Simpson produced version featuring Candi is easily far and away the best version of this tune , cerainly the mosty soulful , and . as you say on the 12" you alos get a nice rendition of Daid Ruffin's |Walk Away From Love" by Anthony White.

• Helpful 1
Social source share