Tavares - Let Me Heal The Bruises

Jaco

Steve Edgar put this on a CD some time ago and I was reminded of it when it came on my i-pod.

Sometimes its simple enough to have thread to say what a magnificent piece of music this is. For those that don't know it, check it out.

A Sam Dees masterpiece.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

• Replies 14
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Steve Edgar put this on a CD some time ago and I was reminded of it when it came on my i-pod.

Sometimes its simple enough to have thread to say what a magnificent piece of music this is. For those that don't know it, check it out.

A Sam Dees masterpiece.

Bloody hell Jaco. I was playing this at home last night! Were you listening at the window?

It's a great record buddy. A nice looking demo on tinternet for about two quid!

Peter

:thumbsup:

Edited by Peter99
Social source share

Bloody hell Jaco. I was playing this at home last night! Were you listening at the window?

It's a great record buddy. A nice looking demo on tinternet for about two quid!

Peter

Not listening at your window Peter but it's been on constant reply in the car.

Sometimes you just have to wonder at the sheer quality of the music that we love.

This represents everything that I look for in a record of it's type.

Mike.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Excellent group Mike ... for me especially when they get away from the disco type stuff ie Heaven Must Be Missing, Don't Take Away the Music etc.

Like this as well (flip to It Only Takes A Minute Girl"

Edited by Dave Turner
Social source share

Excellent group Mike ... for me especially when they get away from the disco type stuff ie Heaven Must Be Missing, Don't Take Away the Music etc.

That's the thing about groups like Tavares - probably overlooked by many due to the disco stuff but some really quality from them including the one posted by your goodself.

Social source share

Hey, Dave, this is a mighty fine record. Totally new to me - cheers buddy.

Peter

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Hey, Dave, this is a mighty fine record. Totally new to me - cheers buddy.

Peter

Peter, It's starting to go down big in Sutton on Sea mate :lol:

Social source share

Yep, their 'Madam Butterfly album was just fff*kin great ...... soul at its very best ..........

... https://www.discogs.com/Tavares-Madam-Butterfly/release/1116007

..... like it so much, I still have 2 copies of the LP.

When they were on at Prestatyn, I wrote their bio and sent it off to the guys for their approval ahead of time .....

.... I called them a soul group who had some disco hits ...... couldn't have worded it better ....

... they were my 'best mates' when they turned up in Wales as that's just how they saw themselves.

I asked them to perform a couple of their Chubby & the Turnpikes numbers & they were well up for it.

... but they were using their usual UK backing musicians & those musicians' leader had other ideas.

He didn't bother sending back to his home base to get the music for any of those songs sent up to the venue.

The group weren't to be thwarted though & they performed bits of a couple of songs (+ Strangers in Dark Corners) acapella style.

They really enjoyed the reaction they got from the weekender audience & wanted to return for another gig that they wanted to record for a 'live' release.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert