Reggie Alexander-Andy Williams ?

Dobber

Guest gordon russell

MOST PROBABLY IS LOL..........never like this record despite the illustrious credits..........no offence to you fella,but it,s a beat ballady 60's pop tune..........

Social source share

Hi dobber if it is soured for you I will have or a fiver lol

Hi mark....a fiver...umm let me think...umm no! And no snow yet mate,but I'm sure it will turn up! Are you well brother?

Funnily enough when I wrote dobber the iPad changed it to robber lol

How you doing got snowed in yet

Mark

Social source share

The writer credits on the bside are...a.williams s.barnes h.williams

I just think with the vocal and twinkling piano it sounds like andy williams.

Oh and hi mark! Let me think a fiver...umm no! And no snow yet mate,but I'm sure its on its way.

Are you well my friend?

Social source share

Ha! Ha! You're kidding, of course! Reggie's singing is SLIGHTLY reminiscent of MOR's Andy Williams.

But, this singer was Detroit's Reggie Alexander. I've seen his name on several other Detroit records.

A. Williams is clearly Andre Williams, who worked on many Sport/Boss/Sir Rah productions. He had his OWN release on Sport, "Pearl Time". How could anyone think the "A. Williams" on this record is ANOTHER, different A. Williams? The odds are way too slim.

Social source share

Could the 'A. Williams' even be a spelling mistake given that Herbie Williams of Pied Piper is credited on the other side 'H. Williams'?

Just a thought.

Richard

You're forgetting that Andre Williams was one of the major producers, songwriters and even performing artists with Sport/Boss/Sir Rah Records. His "Pearl Time" sold more than any of The Dramatics records, and probably took second place to sales of ALL of their releases only to "You Don't have To Say You love Me" by The Four Sonics.

Edited by RobbK
Social source share

You're forgetting that Andre Williams was one of the major producers, songwriters and even performing artists with Sport/Boss/Sir Rah Records. His "Pearl Time" sold more than any of The Dramatics records, and probably took second place to sales of ALL of their releases only to "You Don't have To Say You love Me" by The Four Sonics.

Yes, you are spot on as usual Robb :thumbsup:

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
Social source share

Ha! Ha! You're kidding, of course! Reggie's singing is SLIGHTLY reminiscent of MOR's Andy Williams.

But, this singer was Detroit's Reggie Alexander. I've seen his name on several other Detroit records.

A. Williams is clearly Andre Williams, who worked on many Sport/Boss/Sir Rah productions. He had his OWN release on Sport, "Pearl Time". How could anyone think the "A. Williams" on this record is ANOTHER, different A. Williams? The odds are way too slim.

just a joke rob

Social source share

You're joking - right? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Richard

Now YOU'RE joking, right??? :yes:

Actually, I wasn't. I write, (and draw) Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge stories for Dutch, Danish, and German Walt Disney publications. Some of my stories (5 to be exact) appeared in British Donald Duck Magazine during the early 1990s. Maybe that's why the Disney Comics experiment there failed? :lol:

Social source share

Actually, I wasn't. I write, (and draw) Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge stories for Dutch, Danish, and German Walt Disney publications. Some of my stories (5 to be exact) appeared in British Donald Duck Magazine during the early 1990s. Maybe that's why the Disney Comics experiment there failed? :lol:

Yes, was just pulling your leg Robb :wink:

Would be nice to see some of your work - writing, illustrations etc. if you fancied posting them up in freebasing or something :yes:

Cheers

Richard

Social source share

That's very interesting Rob. I have a brother who is a struggling, self taught, wildlife artist.

Peter

:thumbsup:

Social source share

Yes, was just pulling your leg Robb :wink:

Would be nice to see some of your work - writing, illustrations etc. if you fancied posting them up in freebasing or something :yes:

Cheers

Richard

No problem. I'll upload some drawings and comic pages on a thread in the "Freebasing" section.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!