Some Very Nice Oldies On E Bay

Sheldonsoul

Just browsing ebay and noticed a sandi sheldon demo, then looked at the sellers items and he selling a 100 other items mostly big money oldies sellers name is northernsoulrecords(1436) the sellers going to be in for a shed load of dough, is it anyone on here ,just curious

You're right what a cracking set...................

Social source share

Guest Dave Turner

Nice collection and the vendor just gained some advertising/plugging,

It will be interesting to see what these titles go for compared to JM's guide.

Is it me or does there seem to be a lot more NS oldies and boots for sale

at this time of year?

If you click on his feedback, then select the "Feedback as a Seller" tab you can see what prices he's achieved for previous stuff

Social source share

If you click on his feedback, then select the "Feedback as a Seller" tab you can see what prices he's achieved for previous stuff

interesting is the items he is buying, lots od re-issues (legal) i wonder if he selling up he needs the money? Wish I had some of those records in my collection, never mind being able to sell them!

Social source share

Mate just popped round.

He noticed these 45s on Ebay.

He also noticed ads for same records as sold on Popsike in September of this year. Pics and wording identical.

I checked out Dynamics, Earl Jackson and Lou Ragland and confirmed it to be correct.

Any thoughts?

ROD

he has found box loads of them Rod? lol. Good spot though, maybe he has a carver machine too !!

Social source share

Checked another Grant. Sandi Sheldon listed on Popsike too as selling at £598 on 17 September.

Maybe previous auction got screwed up ?

ROD

If you look on the feedback, there are quite a lot on there for that time.

But, none of the ones currently listed.

So, the transactions for those particular records might have been cancelled.

But, they are on popsike, so that must be an automated thing that transfers the details to popsike as soon as the record is sold.

I've often wondered how that worked, given that only certain records end up on popsike.

Is it something you have to agree to when selling. Don't know.

Social source share

If you look on the feedback, there are quite a lot on there for that time.

But, none of the ones currently listed.

So, the transactions for those particular records might have been cancelled.

But, they are on popsike, so that must be an automated thing that transfers the details to popsike as soon as the record is sold.

I've often wondered how that worked, given that only certain records end up on popsike.

Is it something you have to agree to when selling. Don't know.

popsike collects data and does a bulk upload every few weeks. collectorsfrenzy updates daily. both miss data and popsike has been purging a lot of data in the last year or two.

it would be nice if chris had an explanation for how the exact same listings were on popsike. the only explanation i can think of is that they were all previously shill bid and ended without meeting the "reserve". This is not an accusation, it's just the only explanation I can think of, so I'd like to hear something that explains otherwise.

Also, any serious collector or dealer grades records. Someone can post their explicit grading scale if they want to make it less subjective.

• Helpful 1
Social source share

Did anyone notice the Duke Browner, Impact 45 on ebay last week? It went for about £120 but it looked like a boot to me, it seemed to have a moulded on label. I always thought they were all styrene with stuck on labels? Could be too many pints of Doombar however.

there was a topic on this last week Keith and that was around a bootleg on ebay going for a silly price so probabl;y the same one ending up at £120 :ohmy:

Social source share

Did anyone notice the Duke Browner, Impact 45 on ebay last week? It went for about £120 but it looked like a boot to me, it seemed to have a moulded on label. I always thought they were all styrene with stuck on labels? Could be too many pints of Doombar however.

There was this copy of gold boot aswell - at $120

https://www.ebay.com/...=p2047675.l2557

Mick

Social source share

Further to the comments regarding the oldies which I'm selling I would just like to let anyone know who might be interested that they are all 100% originals all in lovely condition, and not carvers ect. I dont like giving descriptions of mint, excellent or VG ect. as it is too subjective and my opinion of a records condition may differ to another persons so thats why I offer a full refund if anyone after buying a 45 off me is not happy with it.I would consider offers for any tunes up to 24 hours before the auction ends as after that ebay don't allow me to withdraw the items.My mobile is 07778336397. Over the coming weeks and months I will have for sale 500+ similar imports and British soul,Stateside and Tamla Motown demos and issues for sale all in the same condition all of which will have to go so if anyone is after anything you never know I may have it so please ring me. I accept payment by any type of credit card,paypal,cheque or cash. Cheers Chris Patrickson.

If you know what you are looking for then why not sell them here first before Ebay?

Answer please!

Social source share

I do feel sorry for sellers like Chris - he was going about HIS business selling HIS records on ebay , he didn't list them on here - he didn't mention he was selling them on here. Why should he? Now people are demanding that he answers questions and explain his sales history. Why should he respond to anyone on here?

However, he did, clearly someone gave him the nod about this thread and he was good enough to come on here and explain and even left his mobile phone number (which I would never do under any circumstances) - so give him a call if you have any concerns. From what I can see he has a good feedback record on ebay and I'll figure it out myself before I bid.

I'm all for looking out for one another but I've said it before you don't have to buy from him (or anyone on ebay) - you pays your money you takes your choice.

Unless anyone has anything to say to the contrary I think this thread should be closed.

Mike

I totally disagree. There are a million threads calling out sellers, sometimes unfairly. None of those sellers asked for their auctions to be posted. This thread was a positive thread praising (and effectively advertising) his auctions. I bet he wouldn't have complained at that point. This led to the question about the exact same auctions with photos showing up in popsike -- a very legitimate question and that raises red flags. He responded after the question was asked and chose to ignore it. You're saying because he posted his phone number and responded to other questions that people should just ignore that issue?

People post "buyer beware" threads all the time, often unfairly (or at least based on very loose speculation), and nobody demands those threads be closed. Now that the seller comes on here and responds and gives his phone number, ignoring a real issue, that makes it okay? It's not random complaining / accusations. If he has a legitimate explanation I'm very sorry to have cast doubt on his auctions, and I even said so when repeating the question. But I have a hard time understanding how the popsike thing happens otherwise aside from shill bidding and relisting.

Social source share

I totally disagree. There are a million threads calling out sellers, sometimes unfairly. None of those sellers asked for their auctions to be posted. This thread was a positive thread praising (and effectively advertising) his auctions. I bet he wouldn't have complained at that point. This led to the question about the exact same auctions with photos showing up in popsike -- a very legitimate question and that raises red flags. He responded after the question was asked and chose to ignore it. You're saying because he posted his phone number and responded to other questions that people should just ignore that issue?

People post "buyer beware" threads all the time, often unfairly (or at least based on very loose speculation), and nobody demands those threads be closed. Now that the seller comes on here and responds and gives his phone number, ignoring a real issue, that makes it okay? It's not random complaining / accusations. If he has a legitimate explanation I'm very sorry to have cast doubt on his auctions, and I even said so when repeating the question. But I have a hard time understanding how the popsike thing happens otherwise aside from shill bidding and relisting.

Well we'll agree to disagree - but one point I would like to clarify - did not demand that the thread be closed - I wrote - 'I think this thread should be closed'.

Mike

Social source share

It was me that first raised this.

It came about cos a friend of mine was going to bid on one of the items in the current auction. He checked Popsike for some idea of a going rate and then noticed that the wording of the ad on Popsike and the picture were identical to wording and picture in current Ebay ad.

He told me. I have looked at 5 titles in all and compared. They are the same on Popsike and current Ebay ad. The previous Ebay ads which appear on Popsike all finished on 17th September 2012.

I just wondered how this can happen. Are you not interested in that, Mike ?

ROD

Social source share

Nice collection and the vendor just gained some advertising/plugging, It will be interesting to see what these titles go for compared to JM's guide. Is it me or does there seem to be a lot more NS oldies and boots for sale at this time of year?

Could some kind soul track and publish the end prices ? would be interesting to see what they reach, some are quite high already. Would do my self but am travelling Good luck !

Social source share

Have to agree with all of this.

Social source share

I started this thread on the basis the seller had some top dollar oldies for sale(and a lot of them ), not knowing at the time I started this thread the seller was going to be dissected and doubted, it never crossed my mind that anything untoward was going on and still don't now, just think he's more than likely a genuine guy trying to sell some top tunes so why not give the guy a break .to those who are bitching about him if you feel something's iffy then don't bid, his feedback is really good so where's the problem !!!

Social source share

I started this thread on the basis the seller had some top dollar oldies for sale(and a lot of them ), not knowing at the time I started this thread the seller was going to be dissected and doubted, it never crossed my mind that anything untoward was going on and still don't now, just think he's more than likely a genuine guy trying to sell some top tunes so why not give the guy a break .to those who are bitching about him if you feel something's iffy then don't bid, his feedback is really good so where's the problem !!!

If you can't see where the problem is then you've obviously not read the thread.

Social source share

If you can't see where the problem is then you've obviously not read the thread.

yes I've read it about the records being on Popsike, and maybe there's a genuine reason for it, it seems certain people on here know him, the guys posted on this thread himself, so I'm not casting aspersions, maybe it's me pete I'm to much of a trusting person
Social source share

it's not general bitching. Sure, saying "you need to grade", etc. is general bitching. But posting a very specific issue (which would not lead to negative feedback by the way) that is not "bitching" is a real thing. He even posted in the thread and chose to ignore the question. You brought these auctions to the attention of soul source, don't you think it's important to also include a real potential problem that might hurt (or unfairly raise the bid amounts of) bidders? I honestly hope he has some real, legitimate explanation and that I'm totally wrong.

overall you're saying that it's okay to lead soul sourcers to something potentially good but not to warn them about something dangerous and potentially bad about that thing.

• Helpful 2
Social source share

yes I've read it about the records being on Popsike, and maybe there's a genuine reason for it, it seems certain people on here know him, the guys posted on this thread himself, so I'm not casting aspersions, maybe it's me pete I'm to much of a trusting person

I honestly would love to hear the "genuine reason" so I could apologize.

Social source share

One final post -- this topic was locked by the thread starter. Please post a final comment saying you're locking a thread and why when locking a thread.

Given that a real issue has been raised, if someone has anything positive or negative to add that reveals more info, positive or negative, PM me and I will unlock the thread. Thank you.

Social source share

Hi all

Just a couple of things to clarify

I met Chris yesterday and bought some originals from him doing a deal that he was prepared to sell at and I was happy to buy at

We had a good bit crack about prices, the club in Carlisle he is involved with, sellers/collectors we both knew and general stuff etc etc

Very open and honest he gave me gave me his reasons for selling but that's up to him to say not me

He did have them on eBay previously but took them down - hence popsike capturing the end price /price when taken off.

Says he may list more so as is number is on here if you see something then give him a shout and if his - 'let it go price' - suits then fine If not then fine as well.

I'll end with an opinion - they are his records so he can do whatever he wants to sell them or change his mind even and keep them.

My dealings with Chris were spot on and I just wanted to say so.

Cheers and all the best fellow soul sourcers!!!

Tony

Hi all

Just a couple of things to clarify

I met Chris yesterday and bought some originals from him doing a deal that he was prepared to sell at and I was happy to buy at

We had a good bit crack about prices, the club in Carlisle he is involved with, sellers/collectors we both knew and general stuff etc etc

Very open and honest he gave me gave me his reasons for selling but that's up to him to say not me

He did have them on eBay previously but took them down - hence popsike capturing the end price /price when taken off.

Says he may list more so as is number is on here if you see something then give him a shout and if his - 'let it go price' - suits then fine If not then fine as well.

I'll end with an opinion - they are his records so he can do whatever he wants to sell them or change his mind even and keep them.

My dealings with Chris were spot on and I just wanted to say so.

Cheers and all the best fellow soul sourcers!!!

Tony

. So is this thread over now and the doubting Thomas's proved wrong ,a little trust go's a long way so I'm told
Social source share

. So is this thread over now and the doubting Thomas's proved wrong ,a little trust go's a long way so I'm told

People were asking why the old popsike photos and the new ones were the same.

It would have only taken a minute to explain why.

This seller is obviously perfectly legit but fingers crossed you don't become a victim of someone who is REALLY a scammer after people tried to warn you or at least do a bit of digging to find out the legitimacy of an item.

We're all here to help each other not gloat.

Edited by Pete S
Social source share

I'm not gloating pete, more like I told you so. I do agree with you about the trust thing and why were the said records on Popsike, but you only had to look at the guys e bay feedback plus a couple of members seem to know him, I was never in any doubt about the guys creditials, you're a record dealer pete and you know when you smell a rat but I personally didn't get this feeling about these records

Social source share

I'm not gloating pete, more like I told you so. I do agree with you about the trust thing and why were the said records on Popsike, but you only had to look at the guys e bay feedback plus a couple of members seem to know him, I was never in any doubt about the guys creditials, you're a record dealer pete and you know when you smell a rat but I personally didn't get this feeling about these records

I didn't even look at them but I'm still happy for people on here to act as detectives on my behalf...

Social source share

Guest gordon russell

off topic...........doombar oh yes

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!