Precisions- Instant Heartbreak

Dennisoul

Andy

I have a few variations on the different Drew releases, including the West Coast styrene issues and promos. I also have a large collection of label scans.

Looking at the latter, all copies of Drew 1004 and 1005 have the Laurie reference, either at the top under the label name, or under the artist name at the bottom (as Motown Dave pointed out).

When you say 'issue' of 'Instant Heartbreak', do you mean the blue issue or the white label copies without the DJ wording/markings?

Cheers

Richard

Edited by Premium Stuff
  • Helpful 1
Social source share

It's the white label copies without dj markings I was referring to Richard.

I did notice a copy of "why girl" on a blue label vinyl issue without the vertical line from top to bottom, rather than the usual blue label styrene issue... is the vinyl issue from the east coast?

Edited by Dennisoul
Social source share

Were the Precisions' Laurie distributed records released with the distinctive multi coloured logo Laurie paper sleeves ?

I believe that ALL the Drew releases were distributed nationally by Laurie. But, sometimes they were sold in thin blank white and blank manila-coloured sleeves, and other times they were sold in the Laurie Records company sleeves. I don't remember any MULTI-COLOURED Laurie sleeves. All those I remember, and still have, were only ONE colour (powder blue)-with the logo formed as a snapping finger. I've never seen any other Laurie sleeve.

If I remember correctly, the music industry newspaper adverts stated (roughly): that "a new record label, Drew Records, is being formed as a subsidiary to owner, Sidra Records, specifically to handle releases by The Precisions. Sidra has signed an agreement with New York's Laurie Records, to distribute the new label, nationally."

• Helpful 1
Social source share

I believe that ALL the Drew releases were distributed nationally by Laurie. But, sometimes they were sold in thin blank white and blank manila-coloured sleeves, and other times they were sold in the Laurie Records company sleeves. I don't remember any MULTI-COLOURED Laurie sleeves. All those I remember, and still have, were only ONE colour (powder blue)-with the logo formed as a snapping finger. I've never seen any other Laurie sleeve.

If I remember correctly, the music industry newspaper adverts stated (roughly): that "a new record label, Drew Records, is being formed as a subsidiary to owner, Sidra Records, specifically to handle releases by The Precisions. Sidra has signed an agreement with New York's Laurie Records, to distribute the new label, nationally."

Great info....thankyou sir

Social source share

Hi Andy This is my copy with laurie at the bottom with stamped matrix W4KM-0326-1A

post-9242-0-25828400-1355238138_thumb.jp

Hope you are well pal not seen you for ages.

Hi Gogs thanks for that...mine is slightly different with the distributed by Laurie records underneath "DREW"....I'm good pal hope your doing well.

atb

Andy

Social source share

mines like the Popsike one but has a black star on the IH side (middle right under the W4K....)...would this indicate the Plug side..(demo)?

I always thought so (at least in theory). But sometimes it was the weaker side. In the case of Brunswick, (and Decca and Coral Records for awhile), the added diamond was invariably on the weaker side (so, for those companies, the extra mark seemed to mean the NON-plug side!).

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!