• Replies 10
  • Views 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

You sure it's on Island???

No it's on Ska Beat..

yeah sorry, Ska Beat...Got others by him (Perry) on Island though and Ska Beat also. Oh, and Doctor Bird & R&B! Got boxes of the stuff, used to live in Hackney as a kiddie in the 60's and me Dad got loads of the stuff when he went to 'blues nights' after getting friwendly with a local Jamaican 'face'.

Social source share

gotta go now as i'm Dj'ing, actually some ska/reggae tonight.

if there's anything you're especially after (including you Richard), let me know and we'll maybe trade...i'm after the Huns Review on sorro (northern) so if you've a copy to pass on, let me know!

My wants list would take you all day to read mate but I especially need any of the island 3000 series, I only have these below so any others I would take: if you are serious about looking, I will send you an abbreviated list though. Will always trade northern for this sort of stuff.

Island 3000's NOT needed as already have

WI 3000 Roy Richards - South Viet Nam // Roy Richards - You Must Be Sorry

WI 3002 The Gaylads - Stop Making Love // The Gaylads - They Call Her Dawn

WI 3013 Delroy Wilson - Dancing Mood // The Soul Brothers - More And More

WI 3014 Melodians - Lay It On // Melodians - Meet Me

WI 3016 The Soul Brothers - Mr. Flint // The Soul Brothers - Too Young To Love

WI 3020 Ken Boothe - Train Is Coming // Ken Boothe - This Is Me

WI 3022 Gaylads - Don't Say No // Sonny Burke - You Rule My Heart

WI 3025 The Gaylads - No Good Girl // The Gaylads - Yes Girl

WI 3028 Bobby Aitken - Kiss Bam Bam // Cynthia Richards - How Could I

WI 3032 Clarendonians - Shoo Be Doo Be // Clarendonians - Sweet Heart Of Beauty

WI 3035 Ken Boothe - I Don't Want To See You Cry // Ken Boothe - Baby I Need You

WI 3041 Clarendonians - You Can't Be Happy // Clarendonians - Goodbye Forever

WI 3043 The Wailers - Bend Down Low // The Wailers - Freedom Time

WI 3046 Alton Ellis & The Flames - Cry Tough // Carol With Tommy McCook - Mr. Solo

WI 3048 Justin Hines & The Dominoes - Save A Bread // Justin Hinds & Dominoes - On A Saturday Night

WI 3049 The Moving Brothers - Darling I Love You // Tommy McCook - Saboo

WI 3050 Delroy Wilson - Get Ready // Roy Richards - Port 'O'Jam

WI 3054 Hopeton Lewis - Rock Steady // Hopeton Lewis - Cool Collie

WI 3058 Tartans - Dance All Night // Tartans - What Can I Do

WI 3063 Derrick Harriott - The Loser // Derrick Harriott - Bless You

WI 3066 Lynn Tait & The Jets - Something Stupid // Lynn Tait & The Jets - Blue Tuesday

WI 3070 Slim Smith & Uniques - People Get Ready // Slim Smith & Uniques - Trying Hard To Find A Home

WI 3071 Roy Shirley - Musical War // Roy Shirley - Soul Voice

WI 3082 Ken Parker - How Could I // Sonny Burke - Choo Choo Train

WI 3085 Keith & Tex - Tonight // Lynn Tait - You Have Caught Me

WI 3130 Alfred Brown & Melmoth - I Want Someone // Alfred Brown - One Scotch One Bourbon One Beer

WI 3133 The Tennors - Ride Your Donkey // The Tennors - I've Got To Get You Off My Mind Produced by A. Murphy

WI 3140 The Tennors - Copy Me Donkey // Ronnie Davis - The Stage

WI 3144 Lyn Beckford - Combination // Keelynn Beckford - Hey Little Girl

WI 3153 Derrick Harriott - Tang Tang Festival Song // Ike Bennett & Crystalites - James Ray

Actually makes me a bit sad to read that, this time last year I had going on 300 Islands, then when we found out baby was coming I started to sell them off, and the Doctor Birds, Caltones, Blue Cats, Treasure Isles etc. I've now got a lot back and the quality of this collection is way better than before but it's still a shame.

Social source share

My wants list would take you all day to read mate but I especially need any of the island 3000 series, I only have these below so any others I would take: if you are serious about looking, I will send you an abbreviated list though. Will always trade northern for this sort of stuff.

Wasn't the flip of Ken Boothe's 'I dont want to see you cry' by the Wailers?

Anyway, may be able to help you but i'm only after a few Northern tunes at the moment...

Huns Review, Vince Apollo, Thee Midniters (Youre gonna make me cry), Embers (First Time).

All fairly big tunes I know...sorry.

I know how you feel getting rid of stuff, I had Huns Review and Vince Apollo but let them go for around £60 each.

Social source share

Source Advert