Northern 45s

Guest buster

Guest buster

Any idea of price on my old northern singles just rooted them out after years of stuck in a wardrobe, gone with the flow these days with C.Ds-

we got togetherness-the jewels,-special disc jockey record (yellow label)

moody woman-jerry butler,-mercury.

look what i got-gerri thomas,-world records

the 81-candy and the kisses,-lost nite records

love love love,-bobby hebb,-philips

mr big shot,-gene chandler,-constalation records

follow your heart,-bunny sigler,-cameo parkway

they're talking about me-johnny bragg,-ELBEJAY records

manifesto-case of time,-legend

(just like) romeo and juliet,-refections-tamla motown

i'm comun home' in the mornun',-lou pride-SUEMI

thank you babyfor loving me,-soul brothers six,-atlantic. :yes:

These are just a few !

Social source share

• Replies 24
  • Views 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Posted Images

Look like most are boots. MGM SP being an example, Lost Nite is a re-issue label. ranting_1.gif

i think all the rest are potentially proper aren't they?

eg

jerry butler is on mercury, gerri thomas is on world, bobby hebb is on philips, gene chandler is on constellation, bunny sigler is on cameo parkway, johnny bragg is on elbejay, case of tyme is on legend, lou pride is on suemi, soul brothers six are on atlantic.

which is why i asked the question.

Social source share

Any idea of price on my old northern singles just rooted them out after years of stuck in a wardrobe, gone with the flow these days with C.Ds-

we got togetherness-the jewels,-special disc jockey record (yellow label)

moody woman-jerry butler,-mercury.

the 81-candy and the kisses,-lost nite records

love love love,-bobby hebb,-philips

mr big shot,-gene chandler,-constalation records

follow your heart,-bunny sigler,-cameo parkway

they're talking about me-johnny bragg,-ELBEJAY records

manifesto-case of time,-legend

(just like) romeo and juliet,-refections-tamla motown

i'm comun home' in the mornun',-lou pride-SUEMI

thank you babyfor loving me,-soul brothers six,-atlantic. laugh.gif

These are just a few !

Johnny Bragg, Elbejay. Boot was mid to dark green Orig is a pale green. IMO epitome of wigan.

Steve

Social source share

Guest in town Mikey

Johnny Bragg, Elbejay. Boot was mid to dark green Orig is a pale green. IMO epitome of wigan.

Steve

First northern Soul record I bought. Cost me three weeks paper round and pocket money.

Looking at the list I'd say it resembles my collection many moons ago. A mixture of originals, boots and reissues.

Jerry Butler, Bobby Hebb (Tune), Johnny Bragg, all good cheap originals. probably pick the first 2 up for under a tenner. JB maybe a tiny bit more, not too much tho.

If it is an original Lou Pride then I think that goes for a tidy sum now.

Social source share

eg

jerry butler is on mercury, gerri thomas is on world, bobby hebb is on philips, gene chandler is on constellation, bunny sigler is on cameo parkway, johnny bragg is on elbejay, case of tyme is on legend, lou pride is on suemi, soul brothers six are on atlantic.

which is why i asked the question.

All were booted or re-issued.

Social source share

All were booted or re-issued.

is it just me?

i know that.

that's why i asked the question, 'are they boots or proper? and then clarified this, for the really hard of thinking, by saying 'the rest are potentially proper', the operative word being 'potentially'.

i wasn't saying they were, i was asking the question, because it was impossible to answer the bloke's original post - how much are these worth? - without knowing whether they were boots or not.

is that clear enough??

Social source share

is it just me?

i know that.

that's why i asked the question, 'are they boots or proper? and then clarified this, for the really hard of thinking, by saying 'the rest are potentially proper', the operative word being 'potentially'.

i wasn't saying they were, i was asking the question, because it was impossible to answer the bloke's original post - how much are these worth? - without knowing whether they were boots or not.

is that clear enough??

It's you.

Everyone else is trying to be helpful.

John.

Social source share

is it just me?

i know that.

is that clear enough??

The adverb seems to have been the culprit, Dan.

Social source share

Guest buster

Saw a boot of this go on ebay for over £35 not long ago.It was the blue one with silver writing.

Dave ph34r.gif

This any help not much idea about records my self just bought em about 1979-81 era !

Social source share

It's you.

Everyone else is trying to be helpful.

John.

how, exactly?

by saying 'look like most are boots' when they have no idea either way, given the information available?

or by saying 'all were booted or reissued', when we know that?

you'll have to try harder than that, 'john' ph34r.gif

Social source share

how, exactly?

by saying 'look like most are boots' when they have no idea either way, given the information available?

or by saying 'all were booted or reissued', when we know that?

you'll have to try harder than that, 'john' thumbsup.gif

Dan,

not sure what you are trying to achieve with either this or the name calling PM you sent me. You do seem to be a bit sensitive so sorry if I have triggered your instabilities.

If you re-read your postings you will realise that by couching them in such patronising and pompous terms, you are not providing any help at all. Quite the opposite in fact. This does seem to be a recurrent theme in your postings, perhaps you should draft before submitting.

If you really wanted to help you could always have given the values of both boots and originals. I am afraid I don't know for sure but as a guess to get the ball rolling:

we got togetherness-the jewels,-special disc jockey record (yellow label) - boot - 15

moody woman-jerry butler,-mercury. - original US -15

the 81-candy and the kisses,-lost nite records - boot 8

love love love,-bobby hebb,-philips - original UK - 15

mr big shot,-gene chandler,-constalation records - original 12

follow your heart,-bunny sigler,-cameo parkway - original 15

they're talking about me-johnny bragg,-ELBEJAY records - boot - 10

manifesto-case of time,-legend - boot - 15

(just like) romeo and juliet,-refections-tamla motown - original 15

i'm comun home' in the mornun',-lou pride-SUEMI - boot 15

thank you babyfor loving me,-soul brothers six,-atlantic.

I have made assumptions based on label and probability etc, perhaps others can help more?

Also, not sure what you mean by "you'll have to try harder than that, 'john'"? Try harder at what?

Please don't send me insulting PMs again Dan, it's not really in the spirit of things is it.

John

Social source share

Is this aggro some kind of in-joke that I am not party to? Assuming it isn't a joke, there seems to be a loss of rationality on this thread.

This is what happened.

1. Poster no 1 asks for a value on a bunch of well known 45s and provides the labels he has them on.

2. Dan asks if they boots or originals.

3. Someone then comments that they seem to be boots as one of them is a reissue label.

4. Dan then suggests that they are potentially not boots because teh originals did come out on the labels stated by poster no 1.

5. Someone then, I think Tony Smith, says that they were all either booted or reissued.

6. Dan then asks if he is the only person who is puzzled by the way this thread is progessing so illogically and restates waht he had originally said.

7. John Alden (if indeed he was being serious) then tells Dan he is not being helpful.

This is all very weird.

Social source share

Is this aggro some kind of in-joke that I am not party to? Assuming it isn't a joke, there seems to be a loss of rationality on this thread.

This is what happened.

1. Poster no 1 asks for a value on a bunch of well known 45s and provides the labels he has them on.

2. Dan asks if they boots or originals.

3. Someone then comments that they seem to be boots as one of them is a reissue label.

4. Dan then suggests that they are potentially not boots because teh originals did come out on the labels stated by poster no 1.

5. Someone then, I think Tony Smith, says that they were all either booted or reissued.

6. Dan then asks if he is the only person who is puzzled by the way this thread is progessing so illogically and restates waht he had originally said.

7. John Alden (if indeed he was being serious) then tells Dan he is not being helpful.

This is all very weird.

hi billy

you're right, it is a bit weird.(in fact the 'insult' i addressed to john on the PM he's on about was 'weirdo', precisely because of that weirdness; can i just say that anybody can call me a weirdo if they like, it's open season, and i promise to keep my dollies in my pram blush.gif ).

john seems to have taken against me for some reason, hence his original little dig. water off a duck's back but i reserve the right to point out his dig was daft beer.gif .

anyway.

1) sorry if anyone else thinks i was being 'pompous' - i really wasn't, i was just pointing out that you can't answer buster's original question without knowing whether they're all boots or not (as opposed to thinking they might be).

2) in the interests of fair play, john - feel free to reply in any fashion you like and then we'll draw a line under this juvenile rubbish (ie you can have the last word if you really want it).

3) to any outside viewers, it's not always like this on here, most of the time it's all very friendly ranting_1.gif

cheers

dan

Social source share

Guest buster

will do John when i have more time going away for the weekend to the lake distric

Edited by buster
Social source share

Guest dundeedavie

eg

gerri thomas is on world, which is why i asked the question.

isn't it on world artists and the boot is on world?

Davie

Social source share

mr big shot,-gene chandler,-constalation records - original 12

Wow! £12! where? I want 5 copies please!

No, seriously...gotta be at least £40...but i have seen it for £60...it's in-demand and brilliant! The flip is great also and has had some spins 'I Hate To Be The One To Say'...

Social source share

Wow! £12! where? I want 5 copies please!

No, seriously...gotta be at least £40...but i have seen it for £60...it's in-demand and brilliant! The flip is great also and has had some spins 'I Hate To Be The One To Say'...

Good news for Buster - thanks for putting me straight! I have it too so thanks again :rolleyes::thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest buster

so can I buy it at £12 please

??????????????? is it blue or white ..label

if its white its potetially a boot

its the blue label.

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!