Temps Film On Sky Movies 7

Anyone watching sky movies 7 ??? There is a fantastic film on now called the temptations about the early days of the Temps and Motown.............Superb!"!!!

Edited by ShaneH
Social source share

• Replies 32
  • Views 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

Recorded this the other week and had a mamoth watch of it on sunday really sad film, and you never know what goes on 'behind' the scenes, David Ruffin was a shock to me :yes: .......But what a F**KIN voice he has :yes:

My grandad popped in half way through part 2, some one was playing a violin, "you dont see the darkies playing a violin! all they can do is blow there jungle music out of trumpets" :P i grunted and carried on watching. :P

Social source share

If you have a Morrisons supermarket near you they had the Temps dvd for a couple of quid in their dvd/cd baskets. There's also a couple of Northern cds & a nice Mod one (all original artists, no modernised versions) for a couple quid too!

agree with you Baz, David Ruffin (listen to his Motown albums, especially the first 2 and last one - 'In My Stride') had a fantastic voice....alas, flawed genius like most are.

Social source share

wot a cracking film :lol: meks me cry too thumbsup.gif

Glad it's not just me :lol:

I like films like this and ' Ray' they really give insight into what the peoples lives were like and the hard work it took to achive the things they did :thumbsup:

Social source share

Glad it's not just me :thumbsup:

I like films like this and ' Ray' they really give insight into what the peoples lives were like and the hard work it took to achive the things they did :lol:

Ray was on last night. Superb film, like the bit where his wife discovers he's on heroin and keeps going on at him and says "Ray you've got to stop"! To which he replies "I ain't gotta do a god damn thing"! thumbsup.gif

Social source share

Ray was on last night. Superb film, like the bit where his wife discovers he's on heroin and keeps going on at him and says "Ray you've got to stop"! To which he replies "I ain't gotta do a god damn thing"! thumbsup.gif

I watched it last night Ian, second viewing for me, will probably watch it again when it's next on although I blub like a baby when his brother dies :thumbsup:

Social source share

The Five Heartbeats is the best of the lot...

I'm with Pete on this one...great movie an act of fiction but really touches on the struggle artists had way back with 'Big Red' the dodgy record company owner which it must have been like, knocking seven shades out of a singer and dangled him out of a two story window because he asked for his money!!!! A fantastic movie which i'm sure The Dell's advised on???

Mark Bicknell.

Social source share

Nah, I saw this on vid and it is a really good watch. Try Amazon worth buying blind. thumbsup.gif

Just had a look, it looks like they only have region 1 DVD's of it :thumbsup:

Social source share

Guest stash313

Nah I don't agree.

The Five Heartbeats may have had a good story line but that was about it. The production was flawed and it all seemed strung together trying to fit it all in the alloted time frame.

It was obviously low budget and un-fortunately that told, I enjoyed some elements of it but for me The Temptations rides far above it.

Social source share

Guest lifeandsoul

If you have a Morrisons supermarket near you they had the Temps dvd for a couple of quid in their dvd/cd baskets..

97p!!!!!! now

Social source share

Nah I don't agree.

The Five Heartbeats may have had a good story line but that was about it. The production was flawed and it all seemed strung together trying to fit it all in the alloted time frame.

It was obviously low budget and un-fortunately that told, I enjoyed some elements of it but for me The Temptations rides far above it.

It had a huge budget as it came out of a major studio you silly sod. You just think The Temptations are some kind of gods. They were nothing special.

Social source share

It had a huge budget as it came out of a major studio you silly sod. You just think The Temptations are some kind of gods. They were nothing special.

ranting_1.gif

They were a bit spesh imo, Ruffin vocal - my girl ... the way you do the things etc. The dancing. Biggest selling male group at Motown - they had it all.

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Not seen it Pete, does it come on sky?
Isn't the 5 Heartbeat loosely based on the Dells? :D Great film whatever. ranting_1.gif Have Tempts on DVD great buy @ £5 a few years back :D Edited by Netspeaky
Social source share

Guest stash313

Just because it came out of a major studio does not dictate that it had a huge budget.

laugh.gif

If in fact it did have huge budget it didn't bloody show did it?

Social source share

Just because it came out of a major studio does not dictate that it had a huge budget.

laugh.gif

If in fact it did have huge budget it didn't bloody show did it?

Have you actually see this film? Where are you getting the low budget thing from? It's anything but.

Social source share

Guest stash313

Yeah of course I've seen it.

To me the film had the feel of a low budget film. It didn't have the polish of something with a higher budget or perhaps better production values.

Its only my opinion after all but to me it screams low budget.

Social source share

Yeah of course I've seen it.

To me the film had the feel of a low budget film. It didn't have the polish of something with a higher budget or perhaps better production values.

Its only my opinion after all but to me it screams low budget.

Oh okay, if you say so laugh.gif

is it like the Plan 9 From Outer Space of soul films?

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert