Dogs Vocal?

Simon T

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

yeah, it's another of those 'blue eyed' groups i was on about earlier! Originally called the Del-Chords then changed to the Magnificent Men, a great group in my opinion and their first album is chock full of out and out Northern soul! the lead singer & writer (Dave Bupp) is now a big soul collector and well into the Northern sound!

Social source share

Guest martyn
Who cobbled this cobblers' together?
Probably the same cnut who though vocals to Afternoon Of The Rhino,Double Cooking etc etcwould be a good thing ranting_1.gif .............Anyone want a Suzy Parker on Port? ranting_1.gif
Social source share

i had an obvious boot or reissue of this with the dogs on the other side, your sound file is excellent quality compared with my cheap vinyl, however record is still crap imho ranting_1.gif

Delfinately vocal desecration!!!!!!!!!!! What next?.....Harlem Rumble by the Montclairs?????????? ranting_1.gif

Social source share

Guest Netspeaky
Delfinately vocal desecration!!!!!!!!!!! What next?.....Harlem Rumble by the Montclairs?????????? biggrin.gif
I had an e-mail from Dave Bupp about 6 years telling me about this 45's and his early days, they were great friends with the Temptones. I think Dave is involved with this re-issue. I have nice picture sleeve copies if anyone is interested. shades.gif
Social source share

An early incarnation of the Magnificent Men, the "Del Chords" recorded the vocal to what we know as "Soul Step", but it never made it to vinyl. For some reason the Guys at "Treasure" records needed something to put on the flip side of the release "Don't Try To Help Me" and luckily for us used the instrumental cut of the "Del Chords" track. So the "Dogs" ain't the "Dogs" if you know what I mean!?! Anyway it's an interesting piece of Soul/Northern Soul history, but as a quality unreleased track, I'll reserve my judgement.

Des

Edited by SOUL.INC
Social source share

Guest martyn

An early incarnation of the Magnificent Men, the "Del Chords" recorded the vocal to what we know as "Soul Step", but it never made it to vinyl. For some reason the Guys at "Treasure" records needed something to put on the flip side of the release "Don't Try To Help Me" and luckily for us used the instrumental cut of the "Del Chords" track. So the "Dogs" ain't the "Dogs" if you know what I mean!?! Anyway it's an interesting piece of Soul/Northern Soul history, but as a quality unreleased track, I'll reserve my judgement.

Des

Bloody Hell,would never have thought this was legit :huh: ......No wonder they never released it !

Social source share

Guest martyn

I have to agree with you Martyn, to me it's a clumsy vocal performance. Somebody at "Treasure" records, however, thought they could salvage something from the backing track!

And so they did :huh: .....One of the scenes most popular instrumentals IMO

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert