Fluffd Forgotten Oldie For Today Is

The Q - Thats the way - hound records

How f**king good is this record..

covered as james lewis & the case of tyme at the end of wigan and really made it big at Stafford thru dave thorley and richard searling..

those horns at the beginning still sound amazing and its just one powerhouse of a 45,,cant believe this was relegated into my storage boxes...

mega 45 imo

just thought id share that with you..

Social source share

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Most active in this topic

Most active in this topic

What a terrible cacophony of noise this is. It's a non-song and it 's just a mess. One of Richards worst ever spins.

meanwhile Mark, seeing as you're always going on about James Coit - Black Power, I actually decided to play it today and see if it had got any better over the last 27 years.

Amazingly IT HAD! Sounded brilliant. Time for a BLACK POWER revival. Seriously.

Social source share

yes, great record, played by young Gene R at Solid Hit Soul on several occasions :shades: so not forgotten by us.

Top tune :thumbsup: One of my recent bargains from Gemm this - $3 each for two unplayed copies - listed as rock records by the bloke who once booked them in New Orleans :D

Mike

Social source share

Guest martyn

covered as james lewis & the case of tyme at the end of wigan and really made it big at Stafford thru dave thorley and richard searling..

those horns at the beginning still sound amazing and its just one powerhouse of a 45,,cant believe this was relegated into my storage boxes...

mega 45 imo

just thought id share that with you..

Any chance of a sound clip Mark?I remember the James Lewis cover up by name but not by sound (if you know what I mean)

Social source share

Seem to remember there are 'reissues' of The Q about too. The original press was withdrawn & the reissues/2nd press had slightly different credits & a slightly different shade label colour. Think it was Danny Huff bought these back from the US late 8ts early 9ts. Any one confirm ????.

Russ

Edited by Russ Vickers
Social source share

Any chance of a sound clip Mark?I remember the James Lewis cover up by name but not by sound (if you know what I mean)

====

ill post one up tonite martin

with this and the phantom janitor used to 'wet me pants' at the early staffords when richard used to spin em...

happy days..

Social source share

cool.gif -->

QUOTE(Mike B @ Apr 6 2006, 08:13 PM) link

Top tune :shades: One of my recent bargains from Gemm this - $3 each for two unplayed copies - listed as rock records by the bloke who once booked them in New Orleans :D

Mike

This group is another of those blue eyed 'garage' groups who sometimes turned their attention to soul. Question Mark & the Mysterians showed a lot of them the way by getting into the charts with their '96 Tears'...maybe 'The Q' took their name from them because i know they were held in great regard by all the other unknown garage groups of the 60's....if you look deep into our scene you'll find hundreds of these type of groups with Northern classics under their belt. I think 'James Lewis & Case Of Tyme' falls into this genre.. so it was a good cover up to call!

Social source share

Guest martyn

====

ill post one up tonite martin

with this and the phantom janitor used to 'wet me pants' at the early staffords when richard used to spin em...

happy days..

Do you remember the real phantom janitor at wigan (the bloke who collected the glasses),what a scarey fella he was :shades::lol::lol: .Looked like a Zombie.

Social source share

Guest Matt Male

Good call Mark :shades: makes my legs ache just listening to it. Nice bit of a rest halfway through tho...

Social source share

Get involved with Soul Source

Add your comments now

Join Soul Source

A free & easy soul music affair!

Join Soul Source now!

Jump right back in!

Source Advert